Dammit: Post your bike

Just took it for a quick spin around the ‘hood. Rides exactly like a bicycle that’s built to my preferences.

I had these NOS cranks lying around and they were the easiest thing to slap on the bike since they had chainrings and I had a BB that fit them on hand. Never tried Q rings before, I can honestly say I didn’t notice their presence at all. Am I one of those people now?

25 Likes

Yes, sorry.

2 Likes

What size is the frame?

58 ETT, I’m 6’2. Looks smaller than it is because fat tubes I guess.

74* parallel, which is my preference. Everything else is pretty normal geometry wise.

1 Like

Neat. Big bikes look a little strange to me. Explains all the saddle-to-bar drop.

yeah I just had to dig out the build thread for this majestic machine

1 Like

Are those tubulars???

The front tire is definitely a tubular. The back one is probably also a Vittoria, based on the cotton peeking out.

Yup. My other road wheels (clinchers) that have tires and a cassette on them are on a bike already. These are Nemesis/dt240 with all black 27mm pavés. I have a set of carpet fiber clincher rims for this bike eventually but I need some 20/24 hubs… anyone holding, let me know!

They are a killer wheel/rim combo though. And I dunno being a trackie I don’t really mind tubs much. Used to it I guess.

4 Likes

I’m holding, but I’m going to continue to do so because it took me a long time to find a deal on a pair of DT240s, one of which had to come from Germany. ‘Course I may be a man of too much substance to ride 20/24s. Iunno, we gon’ find out.

The guy does some steel fullies. Got a Nomad rear tho so cheating a bit. His son is the guy that does the 12 speed sram cable roadie thing.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BZiF7qRFhXL/?igshid=el5dzacrj8vl

This guy’s mad, followed.

I wouldn’t do a spoke count that low on alloy rims (I’m 220lbs these days) but carbon rims are inherently very stiff/strong

Don’t blame you on keeping those hubs, the DT ratchet system has been the most reliable for me as a bigger guy. Pretty much any standard style pawl hub I’ve tried I can get to slip. Nothing catastrophic but every so often I’ll get a nice pop/ping from the hub coming out of a corner or something.

Huh, is that what that noise is? I always thought it was the chain hanging up on a tooth or something.

Definitely gonna do crabon… and some of those new CX Sprints…

1 Like

After taking a hammer to some broken tent poles in order to salvage the shock cord (and, you know, take the opportunity to hit carbon fiber with a hammer), I have a new appreciation for carbon fiber. Holds up so well to a blunt impact.

I know, the funny thing is he does the same crazy stuff as a guy I know here. Builds his own shoes and frames etc. He’s done a few steelies
https://www.instagram.com/p/CEyt3azltQ3/?igshid=i5yx2xrza96m

:dizzy_face:

13 Likes

Cool crocs

4 Likes