Dammit: Post your bike

that’s a cool way to make a small MTB with giant wheels have a longer front-center

1 Like

This one is the mtb. Spread is nice and wide though I still like to have a small exposure-style supplementary headlight just because the extra vision makes a big difference when going through very twisty/tech stuff, especially at low speed .

Yeah it came with a nice assortment of 3D printed mounts to fit most standard configurations (gopro, regular dynamo). The clamp I’ve got on at the moment puts the light around 7cm forward of the bars which is v handy for clearing handlebar bags and not blinding me when I faux aero tuck/get low.

3 Likes

Yep, front-center increased from 722 to around 750 with no other compromises in geo/fit. Even bar height is more or less the same once sagged. Feels good.

2 Likes

Hells yeah mang.

congrats I think you diy’d a “downcountry” bike?

1 Like

PVDed my Honzo:

• fork bumped to 150
  • 1.5d angleset
  • -20d stem

20 Likes

Holy crap that looks long

~1290 wheelbase

hows a bike that slack ride with such a low/long stem?

fine, because for my arms that’s not long or low.

after I took the picture I swapped headset spacers to drop the bars another 5mm.

And even though it’s a 60mm stem, it’s with 16d sweep bars.

Got my first ride on the Orange and hooollllyyyyy shit it rips. Nasty rock descents that I’d have to pick through on the hardtail didn’t even need the brakes on this thing. Geometry is a hell of a drug!

27 Likes

Hell yeah. Always liked orange bikes.

I’ve wanted one for 10 years and am finally in a place where I can have one and sell them!

4 Likes

Shakedown ride. First impressions:

• Ultregra good
  • Hydro great
  • Normal dropouts excellent
  • Hub go bzzzzzzz
  • Short stays go fasttttt
21 Likes

That looks real nice. It’s single pivot ? Looks so similar to my Superlight, without the modern angles of course. I guess shock valving is at a whole new level nowadays too.

Yeah single pivot. I was a bit skeptical after coming off an fsr bike but Orange has really put a lot into dialing in the design and shock tunes.

1 Like

This better than ur other bike

1 Like

That bike looks awesome. Section? glad you sprung for real bar tape on this one.

I concur. Saying goodbye to other bike on Sunday.