Dammit: Post your bike

I think this is how I’m bringing Coffeegrinder to D2R2. Sacrificed a couple fenders I no longer used for some shorties. Butt bag empty for food and possible rain gear I might need.

3 Likes

What is the point of running half fenders? It’s like all of the hassle and none of the coverage.

It’s what I have on hand that will cover bigger tires. Not enough clearance for a full wrap. Just keeping my ass dry, I can hose off the rest for one ride.

Lovin that chain guard location

Finally fucking done. Mostly. There are a few things that will change in time but for now it’s rideable. I want to build up a nicer wheelset for it, this is some like bontrager takeoff. When I have to do a full bleed I’ll actually heat shrink the di2 wire to the hose instead of having it taped like it is now.

I’ll probably get a nicer stem at some point. Or not, I don’t really care. It would be for looks only.

Bad picture of the tarck sticker, it was super bright out so I could barely see my phone screen. But hey it’s there.

And finally the junction box. Pretty sneaky sis.

24 Likes

Excelente

:100:
badass.

5 Likes

Goddamn Tarck is killin it today.

@ergott what brakes are you using with your robohydroshakes? I eventually want to move on from my 13 year-old Campy shakes and probably do one of the newer Shimano setups, but I’ve researched and researched and successfully confused the shit out of myself trying to determine what caliper would fit on my CG. Do I need to find a post-mount caliper to go with this IS tab?

i wanna longer travel mtb so baaad

stoemper is gorgeous

Shimano r785 post mount. I don’t think Endpoint is flat mount yet. Buying everything new, I like the compactness of flat mount better. You can get adapters for post to flat if cludging.

If you have CG you need Is to post like this for rear.

For the front depends on fork but I bet you need 160 to 180 flat mount adapter to use 160 rotor on fork that’s 140 stock. You don’t want 140 rotor for front trust me.

Those mismatch vintage atacs tho

Downside of nutarck is that there’s never the clean slate of a new page to post a meh bike after the balleurs.

This bike replaces a Cinelli that was jarring to ride and too flashy (m.a.s.h.y.?) for me. This one rides fine and won’t make anyone think that I should be faster than I am.

4 Likes

Is this a thing that exists? I thought flat calipers on post mount was no-go

post caliper to flat frame is ok. flat caliper to post/IS frame not ok.

Ok, this is what I was trying to figure out. For some reason, I had it in my head that there was an adaptor to put a flat mount brake on an IS tab, but the more I look at it, the less sense that even makes.

Also, when I built up my CG, I was shocked at what a massive piece of aluminum the flat-mount fork to post mount brake adaptor is for a 160mm rotor. Holy shit. Felt kind of crazy bolting a brake to the end of that much bolt-on metal.

If it didn’t get ridden so much and with more or less total disregard for the long-term viability of the color coordination, it would be offensive.

Nope. One side of each is yellow, the other side green. I took a pair of yellow and a pair of greens and made dual sided.

I can talk for days about atacs. I have a dozen or so sets ranging all types.

WTF you know of Clark and Dawe and have green and gold pedals, are you secretly from PI?

That Stoemper is amazing and vintage atacs rule. See: my bikes.