Dammit: Post your bike

Well, trying to run lower pressures has cost me 3 rims, one of which was pretty expensive. I think I’m just gonna pump my tires more.

3 Likes

I don’t know about their benefits for road/cx but they are worth the hassle for MTB not from the rim protection standpoint but because they are essentially a rebound damper for tires, it’s like riding on Velcro, so nice.

My guess is that for 90% of a gravel ride 30-35s are fast and feel good and if you have inserts the few miles of jank are survivable?

2 Likes

Glad my proselytizing worked!

How did I survive all the gravel I rode on 35s with tubes?!?
Oh, right, I got three flats per event.

5 Likes

L + no friends + skill issue + ur bad + cope

4 Likes

. + seethe

3 Likes

true Road Tubeless tires in that size range are the peak of our civilization

Schwalbe and Continental attacked and dethroned Jan Heine, for years now there has no longer been any technical justification for supple tires in the 650b x 38-45mm size range just the pleasure of reenactment and some low trail handling fun

But to the credit of the retrogrouch, this also makes traditional road stage race bikes with thinwall tubing and dual pivot caliper brakes incredibly overpowered. If you don’t need tires bigger than this you also don’t really need disc brakes or any structural compromises to support them.

13 Likes

Maiden voyage to martial arts this morning
the bars/shifters/gears all need a little fortification, front DR needs adjustment
She rolls nice tho

22 Likes

This is what happens when you disappear for months. 2 new bikes to show you. 1 more in the box full of sram parts so I can’t build it yet.

First is the Cannondale Topstone 4. It’s their entry level gravel bike and is surprisingly good for a $1400 bike.

And my new mtb. Never thought I’d ride 29” wheels but here we are.

37 Likes

^ Fun!

I snagged a fancy Emonda SLR for 25% off. Been low-key wanting a modern roadie for a while now and couldn’t resist. Shop was clearing them out. It’s 16lbs with pedals and cages. Not bad for a 56 with disc brakes.

I’m MAMIL AF now.

27 Likes

Are you gonna keep the condor around?

Yup. Crit bike. Going to get back into that this year.

1 Like

Groovy :sunglasses:

I saw the face of god and it said “Specialized Roubaix Pro 2Bliss Ready. 700 x 30/32. Black Sidewall. Part No.: 00016-2162.”

7 Likes

They’re on sale right now!

1 Like

I just saw T_T

I don’t wanna spend money on bikes RN, but a backup set is so tempting!

would be hard to get me away from the second-gen Continental GP5000 TR 32mm

from Europe they’re often the same price too

5 Likes

Not bad doubling the stock stem length!

What model of handlebars are those? The modern progressive bend lever area combined with the traditional round Merckx bend hooks is delightful.

1 Like

I always wanted to look at something the way @Orc looks at resist nomads and 32mm GP5k is it

11 Likes

better than any $40 tire has any right to be.

2 Likes