Did you just ShartQ?

Dang!

Offset to the top/bottom, 5cm x 5cm base.

34%20PM

how’s this?

1 Like

That’s beautiful as a newborn baby tarckbear.

1 Like

Quad Lock phone cases are good.

1 Like

There’s no shortage of actual phone cases and mounts meant to attach one’s phone to their handlebars. I’m not interested in them right now.

I’m going a different direction to suit my needs. My battery powered headlight mounts via gopro standard so I’ve already got a mount and any future mounts I get will work with both. It’s also a pretty common standard and pretty much any other barounted accessory I’d like to mount there ony bars has this mounting or a compatable adapter.

I’m not terribly concerned with keeping the phone safe either, it’s an old thing I was about to send off to e-waste when I realized it could live a second life helping me get lost in the woods. If I break it, maybe that’s a sign I need a dedicated GPS or just a lifeproof case on another junk phone. When I get another new phone in a year or two I can glue another gopro mount to it and keep on rocking in a free world.

08%20PM

oh yeah, needs a babby tarckbear

14 Likes

What lightweight/low security/low cost locks does tarck like right now? I’m talking like day-drinking lockup

I use a palmy for my randonneuring lock. In the city I don’t really care if I carry it or one of the 4-pound steel monsters (I have taken the 4-pound steel monsters on 200k’s because I forgot to take it out of the rando bag before I staggered out the door at 6:30, but of all the heavy things I could carry up Mount Hood a lock is possibly one of the least useful.)

I have a full size steel combination u-lock for this exact purpose.

3 Likes

I got one of those Otto lock or whatever

1 Like

I love my cheap aluminum U-lock. It’s the same one as is sold by Panasonic and Sunlite, probably some other brands, too. Looks real enough, even if you could cut it with a butter knife

If I’m just doing a 7-11 stop or someplace my bike is in sight I just use one of these. Master Lock Cable Lock, Set Your Own Combination Bike Lock, 3 ft. Long, Assorted Colors, 4605D https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BD69G0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_SRVGDbDBF1908

1 Like

I think this is basically what I thought I was looking for… Would like something that looks a little beefier but that compromises weight/price, so this might be it

Okay here’s another SQ: is there a spare tire-mount bike rack that’s significantly better than the rest? The Yakima looks nice but all bike racks seem to suck in their own ways so I thought I’d ask here before throwing any money around

If your vehicle has an external spare tire, doesn’t it have a receiver hitch as well?

Ottolock here too. Sometimes I even remember to lock it after cinching it closed.

Yeah, if there’s a hitch, that’s a better option than the spare tire.

My buddy had the Yakima spare tire model, which was passable. His hitch-mounted tray is way better.

I guess I might not be the best judge, though. I still use a wheel-off roof rack.

It wouldn’t be hard to get a hitch but don’t currently have one. 2003 Honda CR-V so the hatch opens to the side as well.

I think what I liked about the spare mount was that I could just leave it on all the time while a hitch-mounted tray would probably come on and off as it gets used. But if the hitch trays are that much better I guess I need to think about it, I’d like to be more encouraged to take bikes on trips.