Did you just ShartQ?

i think i have one in my parts bin just like this i can send you to try out.

They are perfectly adequate if don’t have room for a lever that mimics a shifter.

I have room on the bar but it’s annoying to get my thumb around inside my pogie.
I’ll take you up on that, Pubes.

1 Like

DQ who else makes big bags similar to the Fabio’s Chest? I want a big motherfucker to sit on my rack and strap to my bars.

Carradice

4 Likes

I am a big fan of the big Super C Carradice, and I even like the littler Audax sibling to it as well.

2 Likes

Would the Super C fit a 14" MBP and a jacket/hoodie? That’s kinda my current bare minimum for capacity.

Bags by Bird does a similar, also Road Runner with the Jumbo Jammer

2 Likes

the big one does – I found some blog that said it would and figured it was worth a shot to try the bag out while the pound was real cheap. Anyway here is mine, with laptop, and also on my bike. I had a local cobbler add some webbing for a pec dec, which has since opened up one of the main stitches. Need to get it repaired!

2 Likes

Dang, you’re a saint. Thanks!

what are you putting in such tiny bags? The whole setup of cages, straps, and bags likely weighs more than whatever it is you’re carrying.

3 Likes

Small, compressible stuff that doesn’t weigh much. For overnights I’m thinking clothes. Heavy fixed dimension stuff goes in the frame bag, closer to CoG

Edit: I guess I’d go 2l per side

Seems like a lot of trouble for things that are likely small and compressible stuff that you probably still have room for in another bag (buttrocket).
Personally use 6l or 8l bags on my forks for clothes/quilt/soft things. If I’m gonna go to the trouble of strapping shit to the fork, may as well actually carry some stuff.

I have a 3 bolt mount on the fork, it’s not likely to be hard to get stuff on there. Plus I really don’t like having luggage behind me. Feels weird

Sounds like a case for bigger fork bags smilinggrant.jpg

3 Likes

I’ll have to try it out. None of this is camping stuff, so I have some flexibility in what I bring.

I’ve not tried fork bags, I’m curious to see how they feel- hence starting small

and you already have an upper framebag for the bike?

the Ortlieb Fork Pack system is of the only 3-bolt mount systems that interests me, and I think it would be especially compelling on a bike where the folded/empty 4L bags would fit in a framebag when not in use

1 Like

I have a Revelate Tangle, and I’m trying to figure out how much stuff I need to actually carry.

the Ortlieb bags are really well made and I 100% trust the company to have made a good bracket, my only hesitation is that they are also an Ortlieb product, so they stick out like two inches from the fork leg.

Is velomine actually an ok place to order from?

1 Like

I have one of the small ortlieb fork panniers. It’s super cool but I can’t figure out where to put it. It does seem like it would stick out like six inches off the fork leg. I can measure the thing some time when I’m not in bed.

1 Like