Did you just ShartQ?

I have two Riv frames that are currently sharing one rear wheel and an old silver 135mm hub would be just about a perfect way to address that.

2 Likes

Ya want a 36h rim brake hub Shimano XT, silver, never used? Pay for shipping.

1 Like

Good way to spend a lot of money on a fiddley old thing. Go Shimano over that any day

3 Likes

Oh, maybe! Hit up my PMs with a model number please when you can?

They’re a local non-profit that I like to support anyway, so that makes dumb things feel less dumb.

1 Like
3 Likes

Oh man I love this place. Thanks!

I have a set on my keep up with a group hardtail from 07 that I have never had to touch. Still going strong but I think it is a shimano free hub body

WI still makes service parts for their old stuff, so you may as well do it.

Pretty sure I have a NIB Dura Ace that’s probably cheaper than $150…

Edit: probably not 32h

1 Like

Not dumb. I’ve got a bunch of WI hubs of that vintage or earlier, (almost) all laced into one wheel or another.

1 Like

Sadly, they don’t make the axle ends for the 12mm axled parts (@Bootus’s example is one of the newer 15mm parts unless I’m grossly mistaken). It’s easy to turn a new axle end (I did it using a drill press as an economy lathe) but still sad that I can’t get replacement parts from the source.

2 Likes

Guessing the Dura Ace isn’t 135mm

Skipped over that part.

1 Like

fixed that for your wheelset

1 Like

Not nib but yes 32h.
HMU
Edit: not 135

1 Like

To my eternal regret, I sold the coolest 26er rim brake wheelset I ever owned, SON 28 front, WI high flange rear, to Mavic D521.

8 Likes

You can fit a longer axle and extra spacer with the original cones, spacers and locknuts though. Better dish too

4 Likes

Oh that’s a good reminder about dish. If nothing else better turns up between now and getting motivation, I should check the used hub bin at their SLC location to see what’s there. In the past they’ve had lots of good condition 105 hubs, maybe a 36H will turn up because that’s what I’d prefer.

Whoa, does anyone know whether it is a coincidence that WI provided rear hubs that closely match two generations of SON shapes?