Did you just ShartQ?

FTW says next frame is getting built soon, so i should be testing setups in a month or two.

3 Likes

Those pencil case bags drive me nuts too. I got the HMPL one during first wave of pandemic and wished I’d just gone with Outershell one with big lid.

2 Likes

I used a jandd one for a while and liked it. Replaced it with the route workx and might go back if I ever ride my road bike again.

I have a Rapha one. Fits about 2 ensures and flat fix stuff

Finders fee to whomever can locate an Origin8 CargoLite for sale.

16 Likes

I disagree and actually don’t get where you’re coming from here. An aerobar hung sideways box would be really helpful imho, maybe with a top double zip like some of the top tube bags Ive seen. Inaccessibility is what makes me not want this thing from apidura. But something that fixes that would be amazing. You get the 3D box form that just holds a lot of stuff while giving easy access; and unlike a rando box it hangs off something that’s already there (the aerobars).

3 Likes

I’d be curious how it feels to have weight hung high and forward on the bike.

I don’t love the look of a cordura loaf chilling out there either

Wideboi aero

1 Like

the OS drawcord jawns are so dang good. If I could only have one bag across all bikes forever I think it would win.

3 Likes

Couldn’t agree more.

Are SLX brake calipers compatible with current tiagra hydro levers (4720)?

I got the new group installed and they used SLX calipers to fit the post mount. The levers pull pretty far down before they engage and I’m not finding any way to improve that other than reach adjustment.

Do I call the shop and get them to take a look or is this just what I’m stuck with?

In my experience, yes. Works fine.

Sounds like levers need more oil. Shimano wet levers tolerate a surprisingly large amount of air in the top of the reservoir and still function to a degree. Too much throw is an indication this is what you are dealing with.

Open the reservoir cap and take a peek. I bet you can’t see oil filling things to the top.

I’ve had great luck using an eye dropper to just top fill the reservoir after bleeding to resolve this.

5 Likes

Oh, but before your do, tilt the bike upright 90 degrees and pump the levers. This seems to help get all the air in the reservoir to the top near the port

3 Likes

Does hanging hydraulic disc brake bikes vertically for storage ever cause issues? I’ve heard sad stories but it also seems like something that maybe was a problem with early hydraulic discs or might compound with bad bleeds.

1 Like

I had this same problem with XT calipers and GRX. The shop said it was common issue they see when they pair the Shimano non-flat-mount-calipers with brifters. They fixed the problem with an over-fill type bleed and mine have worked great ever since. Don’t put up with them engaging too close to bar.

2 Likes

shakes is the correct word

10 Likes

1 Like

Make you a deal - I’ll stop calling em brifters if you stop crushing hopes & dreams around porteur racks + 650x48 + fender + 10mm of clearance.

1 Like

Sorry dude you’re new here

3 Likes

A pile of tubing & an acetylene torch makes all the things possible.