Doping a Gran Fundo

Statement from DA

There is no easy way to say this – I was using ways to improve my performance that were cheating. This was something that I alone did, and I take responsibility for it. My team, coaches and friends had absolutely no knowledge or participation in this.

Two things happened recently that put into prospective just how off the deep end I was. The first was that I tested positive for EPO at the Gran Fondo. A week and a half after that I broke my leg in three places in a racing accident. For the first time in years, I was completely off the bike. These two things gave me the perspective to examine just how insane I was acting. The reality is I became obsessed with racing, and maybe even more, with being a part of something. It took these external forces to literally knock me off the bike and out of the ridiculous place I allowed myself to get into. I don’t say this as an excuse; only to say what was going on.

I’ve really let this community down, and I feel terrible about that. I counted many of you as friends, and you deserved a lot better.

We’ll have more soon, I promise that we’ll be open and honest. The BH/Comedy Central team apologizes to the community for results unfairly taken, and for not catching this sooner despite the many warning signs that we now recognize in retrospect.

Andy Shen

guy I raced against in this region got popped for the same shit. doping to win masters races.

holy fuck that’s stupid.

I am going to dope tour de tarck

More like derping a Gran Fondo amirite?

I thought a gran fondo was by definition a non-competitive event, yet there were apparently winners, prizes and doping control??

Truthfully, if EPO was cheap I’d dope the fuck outta my commute just so I can crush the Cat 6s even harder.

i love drugs but takin drugs to ride bikes is a bummer unless you’re getting paid

[quote=CockLobster]guy I raced against in this region got popped for the same shit. doping to win masters races.

holy fuck that’s stupid.[/quote]

Why is that stupid?

Anyone got any EPO I can buy?

once you get over the ethical aspect of doping in any way
its really about if you have the money to do it properly
and i’d rather spend that money on blow and strippers

dope to get dates. How many of the dudes at the gym every evening are on the juice?

when i was lifting and trying to put on muscle i often wondered that myself ^^
i could put on muscle no problem, but i seemed to add just as much fat too
dudes be at the gym, fucking all cut up with carl weathers abs
and im like pudgemaster steez over here

If I get to lifting again, I guarantee that I’ll begin testosterone supplementation.

The New York Gran Fondo is a qualifier for masters world championships. The event as a whole isn’t timed/a race, but they’ve come up with some bullshit to make it a race:
http://www.usacycling.org/news/user/story.php?id=6184

Also I don’t know why folks who are real in to rock climbing and mountaineering, or other real hard shit, wouldn’t dope.

[quote=halbritt][quote=CockLobster]guy I raced against in this region got popped for the same shit. doping to win masters races.

Why is that stupid?[/quote]
WAT

Mountaineering is an interesting one. Extra capacity to get oxygen to your lungs could be very worth it for high-altitude stuff, hence all the empty o2 bottles littering Everest base camp. I wonder of some of those climbers use EPO too?

There is that one dude that “speed” climbs all kinds of shit without sleeping.

its pretty east to tell who the dopers are at the gym
and even then some people are doping who still are fat and pudgy
anyway busting your ass will get you a long way
and doping will get you a little
even if you’re doping you still gotta bust your ass to see results

Dopers who don’t work out look inflated. Their muscles have the right shape, but no definition. Really odd looking.

You guys are confused about what happens to body builders that take too much HGH. What you’re describing doesn’t happen to all strength athletes for all PEDs. One cannot simply spot someone that’s on test. Hell, there’s a world of old dudes on test patches. Can you spot them?

[quote=crabbi][quote=halbritt][quote=CockLobster]guy I raced against in this region got popped for the same shit. doping to win masters races.

Why is that stupid?[/quote]
WAT[/quote]

People take master’s races really seriously. Why would the competitors be less inclined to take PEDs? More specifically, it’s a moral question, not a rational one. If done right, the risk is quite low, so why again do you think it’s stupid?