Drops

i’m considering getting some drop bars to replace my bullhorns. This bike won’t see the velodrome so i don’t really need track drops. i like multiple hand positions. I’d like something functional and yet good looking. Anyone have a favorite?

i have some winpistas that i fucking love. picked them up off an old road bike, so i don’t know model or anything. but i like them. pretty shallow drop, i used them with 105’s and whackoff thinking about it.

Nitto Noodle should satisfy this requirement. But classic Maes bend drops like Nitto 115s are classic for a reason, as they are plenty functional (in the right width) and good looking as well.

What diameter stem man? Gotta be more specific to get a better answer…

I like my FSA Energy T’s on my cross bike a lot… if you have 31.8 check them out.

semi-hijack: i need ergo drops for my roadbike. what does everyone like?

not ergo drops.

It’s highly dependent on how deep you want the distance to the drops to be. If you have a 26.0 stem you can buy older bars all day on ebay (search for Deda 3T, ITM, etc.)

I personally like Salsa’s Short n’ Shallow because I don’t need a deep drop on a bike I’m probably not going to be racing. It gives you a nice aero position without being too aggressive.

elaborate please.

If you are replacing bullhorns, you probably need a different stem also.
I have different stem length/angles I like for drops vs. bullhorns on the same bike.

I’ve been really wanting to try some of these out, glad to hear a positive review.

Nitto 115 FTW. You forgot to mention cheap.

The only potential pain is they are 25.4.

shallow drops are nice.
i have medium drops on my bike though because i don’t have that much post showing. i can ride in the drops for extended periods :bear:

if you really want multiple hand positions you should put front and rear brakes on the bike and some levers so you gots the hoodz man. :bear:
then you got the flats, the corners, the hoods and the drops and the brakes.

elaborate please.[/quote]

It’s all preference for sure. I just haven’t been excited about any of the ergo’s I’ve tried as far as staying in them for an extended period. Wing drops look cool though.

These “look” really comfy, I almost wish I held out for them: http://www.thenew3t.com/details.aspx?i= … nova&d=PRO Kind of an in-between of classic and ergo.

[quote="(|)"]shallow drops are nice.
i have medium drops on my bike though because i don’t have that much post showing. i can ride in the drops for extended periods :bear:

if you really want multiple hand positions you should put front and rear brakes on the bike and some levers so you gots the hoodz man. :bear:
then you got the flats, the corners, the hoods and the drops and the brakes.[/quote]

this (but just one brake is fine, although an empty lever kinda rattles unless your hand is on the hood).

Hmm, the Ergonovas look pretty cool.

Kinda on topic, I switched my saddle and bar tape on my fixed and now I can’t find a comfortably hand position. After a couple miles of riding, my arms are tired. I guess too much my weight is on them instead of on the saddle. I try going into the drops, holding the curves, and riding on the tops of the bar but I can’t make myself comfortable. What’s going on/ are there drops that offer more hand positions (I’ve been eyeing some Major Taylors at the LBS)

Sounds like your stem needs some adjustment/changing. You could be too far out in front, necessitating a shorter stem, or you could have too much saddle-to-bar drop. Alternatively, maybe you just have crappy bar tape and it’s not agreeing with your hands. It’s hard to say over teh interwebz.

Salsa Short & Shallow

also saddle angle could have you sliding forward and putting weight on your wrists

Ceeg, are these track or road drops? I could never, ever get track drops to work for me, and ended up with a nasty shoulder injury from riding with track drops and a poorly setup bike.

Go to the LBS and get fitted properly.