Drops

I’ve got a set of the FSA K-wing alloy bars. I love 'em. The tops are especially comfortable with about 3-4. The drop is ergo, but it doesn’t have the silly center bend.

those look amazing, but i do’nt think i could justify bars that are worth more than the bike. :colbert:

I think my saddle is pretty level. I might put a picture up later. I have a really short stem (like 90) because honestly my bike is probably a bit too big. I have long legs and no torso and I got a bike that I could comfortably stand over but the tt is probably too long. I’m running Fizik on both this bike and my main road bike which I haven’t been having any trouble with.

[quote=“kowloon”]Ceeg, are these track or road drops? I could never, ever get track drops to work for me, and ended up with a nasty shoulder injury from riding with track drops and a poorly setup bike.

Go to the LBS and get fitted properly.[/quote]
:colbert:

The trouble with ergo drops is finding ones which fit your hands properly. There are a lot of types out there, and they’re not going to work for everyone. I’ve found Salsa Short’n’Shallow to fit the broadest range of people. Like most Salsa products, they’re cheap and extremely durable.

Personally, I’m a fan of traditional drop bars. If you’re got a 31.8 clamp, look at something like the Ritchey Classics, which I love. If you’ve got a smaller clamp size, the Nitto Noodle really is the best bars in the world.

I’m a big fan of semi-ergo bars like the ones from Control Tech and the ergonova from 3t. I never much cared for round bend bars because when you ride all the way in the drop to reach the levers the bar does not really do a good job of supporting your whole hand.

I tend to feel the same but then I think about the generations of men who reached to their downtubes to shift…

[quote=“kowloon”][quote=“kowloon”]Ceeg, are these track or road drops? I could never, ever get track drops to work for me, and ended up with a nasty shoulder injury from riding with track drops and a poorly setup bike.

Go to the LBS and get fitted properly.[/quote]
:colbert:[/quote]
I was ignoring you. Want to make something of it? No I’m on old Sakae road drops. I think I will end up going to an LBS and seeing what they think. I know they’ll say my bike is too big because it is and my friend who works there has been telling me that forever.

just bought this form chucksbikes, for dirt cheap. if it works it work if it doesn’t i’ll get the nitto noodle. the clamp size is doesn’t matter yet because i don’t have a stem yet. these will go on a new frame so we’ll just see how it goes.

those look amazing, but i do’nt think i could justify bars that are worth more than the bike. :colbert:[/quote]

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/bik/988571929.html

I like the Richy Classic and Nitto Noodles.

those look amazing, but i do’nt think i could justify bars that are worth more than the bike. :colbert:[/quote]

Dude, alloy, not carbon. I got 'em off ebay for $30 or so. They’re like 65 grams heavier than the carbon. Um, maybe it’s just a “wing” alloy bar. These:

http://www.universalcycles.com/shopping ... tegory=866

You’re welcome to go for a spin on my roadie and check 'em out. Alternately, I’ve got some Deda bars and some Easton bars, both of which I loathe. You can have either if you like 'em.

Dude, alloy, not carbon. I got 'em off ebay for $30 or so. They’re like 65 grams heavier than the carbon. Um, maybe it’s just a “wing” alloy bar. These:

http://www.universalcycles.com/shopping ... tegory=866

You’re welcome to go for a spin on my roadie and check 'em out. Alternately, I’ve got some Deda bars and some Easton bars, both of which I loathe. You can have either if you like 'em.[/quote]
my bad.

I’d love to check out your K-Wings.

right now i’m using pro bike (shimano-owned component brand) ergo drops ands they suit me fine - but that’s due to my hand size, shoulder width, budget and the fact i wanted matt black over a “silver” component. if you get the opportunity to, check out as many bars in person as you can, as they’re almost as subject to individual tastes as saddles are.

ever consider a rando type bar? some people dig 'em anyways. look at the TDF, mostly classic drops 'cept for TT stages.

/currently hating some ITM ergos on my roadie.

b123s

cosigned

Unless you are riding on a track, B123s are a bad idea.

i liek mah narrow 70’s road biek drops

I’ll agree with this.

All of my drops are flared in some way/shape/form and I love it. But I’m pretty sure I’m in the minority.