Dynamo help

I mean, I guess, if you gotta

I would be worried about constant rubbage from the steerer tube tho

plus if that cable ever kinks in there while you are sketchily descending some needs-to-be-graded washboard forest road and you try to turn just a little bit to the left to avoid a particularly bad spot, your ass is grass gravel

[quote=blackholelectron]
I would be worried about constant rubbage from the steerer tube tho

plus if that cable ever kinks in there while you are sketchily descending some needs-to-be-graded washboard forest road and you try to turn just a little bit to the left to avoid a particularly bad spot, your ass is grass gravel[/quote]

I don’t see how the cable would kink in the first place and then manage to prevent me from steering, but to address the rubbing I was thinking I could use that HVAC aluminum tape to keep it against the inside of the head tube. Though really, none of my external wires are rubbing through anywhere so maybe that’s overthinking things.

I thought you were supposed to use a seatpost that went past the bottom of the TT

Also, FUCK that cable routing job

Umm, if you’re talking about me, by rearwards cable stop I mean the one on the top tube. I’m going for a similar effect to the Elephant above.

[quote=buffoon]
[/quote]

Is that the standard headlight fork crown mount flipped around?

No. It’s the cross bracket for canti post mounting. I grinded down a presta nut to use as a spacer inside the seat clamp.

I was tempted to say all that internal routing sound like a ginormous pain in the ass for little gain, but then I realize it’s just next level nerd exercise and that is cool. If I were to build a frame, I would still do it externally.

simpler than carbon brushes in the headtube

Got my taillight installed and wired up last night. I feel like I should redo the wiring to go through the fender instead of around the outside as it is now because it looks kind of bad like this:

Yeah, through the lower hole on the back of the secula.

Holy shit, the Luxos U is a million times better than my Taz1200. It’s not even close. The spread, the reach, the sharp cutoff so I don’t feel like I’m blinding people.

If nothing else, I like having the light switch (USB port) on the bars. 100mA according to the manual is not much for charging. No regrets.

Thanks for the advise! I only wish I did this sooner.

[quote=ergott]Holy shit, the Luxos U is a million times better than my Taz1200. It’s not even close. The spread, the reach, the sharp cutoff so I don’t feel like I’m blinding people.

If nothing else, I like having the light switch (USB port) on the bars. 100mA according to the manual is not much for charging. No regrets.

Thanks for the advise! I only wish I did this sooner.[/quote]

Heh heh

Could say you

Saw the light

Edit: dammit, new page

Not clear on the revisions. I have one where the remote control cord is pluggable and one where it’s fixed. What’s the third revision?

Figured this is a good enough thread.

What cheapo Amazon Magiclight light do I want?

Do I need a beam diffuser?

Extra battery? Point me in the right direction bros.

This badboy? http://www.amazon.com/Bright-Eyes-Rechargeable-Lumen-Headlight/dp/B00GJZ015Y/ref=pd_sim_sg_5?ie=UTF8&refRID=12PW4GHBDFPKW7Z60CB7

I bought this one with the diffuser lens

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E91EFYS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I haven’t used it more than an hour at a time so can’t speak to the battery life but I have been satisfied for the money.

I’ve bought two at this point, both were the cheapest at the time I bought em, and look exactly the same, battery included. I got the wide angle lens for one but not the other. On low I get just under 4hrs to a charge, on high its probably not much more than an hour, I don’t use flashing because that shit is bright and it would be rude as hell even angled down. I’d grab two of the cheapest ones just to have an extra battery. Its an awesome light for the money.

Thanks to Andrew_Squirrel for the pics.

[quote]
Version 1.0 looks like this:
Switch plugs in to headlamp housing. USB port is integrated into switch.

Untitled by Andrew_Squirrel, on Flickr

Untitled by Andrew_Squirrel, on Flickr[/quote]

[quote]
Version 3.0 looks like this
Switch is hardwired to headlamp, USB port is on separate pigtail coming from the switch. Has a small in line coax plug so that it is detachable from the switch.

Comes with a cap if you don’t have the USB dongle plugged in:
[/quote]

Thx!!!

I have gen two. If I was getting rad enough to be charging in the wet I would just take the plug off the h-bar and tuck it into a bag. Problem solved. Gen 3 is nice, but no regrets.

Still haven’t figured out what I’ll charge with it if anything. Just all smiles at the quality of light at night.

I had a less than 1 month old wireless Sigma cycling computer go haywire mid point in a long night ride. I was using it in conjunction with a dynamo hub. Internets are of split opinion whether the newer wireless computers + dynamo = trouble. It could have been moisture build up or some other cause. Anyone else experience this? Since I can no longer trust my current computer, before I spend the money, is the wired computer the end-of-days solution?