Dynamo help

this

wired computer wired to the rear wheel

wireless can also fuck up with blinky lights, powerful power lines, other computers

I couldn’t get my wireless bike computer to work with the dynamo on the front wheel. Didn’t care enough to try with the rear. YMMV

I see what you did.

Huret Multito FTW:

I think i have one of those in my bikemess. old wiefbiek had one of those on there.

[quote=Reasonable Facsimile]Huret Multito FTW:

[/quote]

Many other options to explore.

TC kinda want that huret jawn, but then i couldn’t use front panniers.

ftfy

but i always pee on the nds, doesn’t everybody else?

no, that’s towards the center of the road

Depends which way the wind is blowing

it really depends on how dirty my drivetrain is. A good whiz can really get a lot of the dust off. Just be careful not to trip over your freshly peed on bike lest you get it dirty again.

fuck i wish i could remember but cateye does make a wireless one that works on a different frequency that doesn’t get as fucked when there’s multiple signals involved. Buddy actually used it as a speedo for his dirtbike to street legal conversion and they bought off on it. I’ll shoot off an email and see if I can find out.

edit: any of their digital wireless ones should work.

Nope
Ccmc100w doesn’t

get me into bulk wire and spade lug style connectors for dynamo setups. i have ~700 bikes that will be living outside and getting beat to shit by “not bike people”. wiring is almost entirely internal and/or shrouded, but people are def gonna fuck it up somehow.
connectors are kinda like

The B&M lights use 2.8mm spade connectors. I searched for “2.8mm crimp terminal” on eBay and got a bag of 100 from China.

I’d skip the included plastic shroud and just apply two layers of heat shrink instead.

For my bikes I finagle them with pliers but for a whole bike share you’re gonna want a specific open barrel crimp tool.

[quote=jawn doe]get me into bulk wire and spade lug style connectors for dynamo setups. i have ~700 bikes that will be living outside and getting beat to shit by “not bike people”. wiring is almost entirely internal and/or shrouded, but people are def gonna fuck it up somehow.
connectors are kinda like
[/quote]
look in the phonebook for a local electric supply house. literally anyone will have those things

the front dyno hubs don’t use one of those shimano lego style ones?

I’m pretty sure the B&M spades are small enough to be considered obscure for most local electrical shops but I could be wrong. Ask Fred for the part number for the cable reel he helped Ocean Air obtain.

Too obscure for RadioShack and the local electric company had a bag of 1000 or something