Dynamo help

Me too. Let me know if you guys ever want me to video record you two riding side by side.[/quote]
Sounds like a date.[/quote]

I am so into nerdy bike dude dates

I spotted a different looking XT dynohub over in euroshoppingland:

What’s the deal? I’ve seen claims of 425g, and also of 1.5W.

Same as the 1n70 that bike wagon were blowing out cheap last year.

Works fine with an led headlight and taillight, but sp is lighter iirc.

Yeah 1.5w. They look pretty cool without a bulbous section on the hub shell. The last one I built judt finished the TransAm race with no reported issues.

I wonder how much of that is XT level and how much is 1N70 leftovers. I might have to get one to mess with anyway, but for now I found someone selling some SP SV-8 hubs for $80 shipped on Amazon.

Could someone with a B&M Toplight Line Small measure how tall and wide it is?

@squirrel
Spoke with another guy this weekend about SP vibration/grinding - he said he switched the skewer to shimano and it stopped

2cm tall
~6cm wide (I cut off the ears on mine and the body is 4cm)

Had some girl oncoming on the MUP yell “turn your light down, fuckwit” at me tonight. I was kinda taken aback cos nobody’s ever yelled that at me with dynamo light (Luxos U) and the beam is pointed about 10’ in front of me and never lights up anybody’s faces.

So I leant the bike up against a tree and gave it a look. It was kinda shining brightly even though it wasn’t actually lighting me up. Even pointing it right down to the ground the upper part was pretty bright. I dunno.

meh i wouldnt worry she just sounds like an asshole. can’t be as bad as car headlights or those awful dionotte?? lights or w/e

Had a similarly weird experience a couple weeks ago: guy coming the other way on a bike dramatically shielding his face with a hand and looking away, yells ‘hey! this isn’t the kinda trail you need a night on man!!’… It was a regular IQ Cyo, not premium, aimed with the cutoff well below eye-level. Oh yeah, it was bright daylight at 11am! I loled. Some people are just sensitive?

Yeah, it was a bit weird. I haven’t had anyone say anything to me in 5 or 6 years of dynamo life.

On the subject of light sensitivity, I had one of these lamps on the shop counter a few years ago:

Pointing straight down. One day this woman told me she wanted to buy something but she wasn’t going to come to the counter unless I turned the lamp off.

People with dilated pupils? People on drugs? I’ve had people comment on the brightness of my Cyo Premium during the day but they all looked like they were on something.

2cm tall
~6cm wide (I cut off the ears on mine and the body is 4cm)[/quote]

2cm tall in the direction away from the base? How wide in the other direction? I’m trying to figure out the radius where the ears are. If the body is 6cm then they should be about 1cm, and the actual body of the light around 12mm?

2cm tall
~6cm wide (I cut off the ears on mine and the body is 4cm)[/quote]

2cm tall in the direction away from the base? How wide in the other direction? I’m trying to figure out the radius where the ears are. If the body is 6cm then they should be about 1cm, and the actual body of the light around 12mm?[/quote]

measured with eyeball and tape measure, not calipers

I know you cut the ears off, but that’s the dimension I need. I’m guessing 12mm?

i used the scientific method of pixel counting google images and it’s closer to 15mm
what’s your evil plan anyways?

[quote=NOVELTYNAME]@squirrel
Spoke with another guy this weekend about SP vibration/grinding - he said he switched the skewer to shimano and it stopped[/quote]

Mine was actually a SONdelux not SP. I’m already using Shimano XT skewers
I freaked out before I actually trying the skewer crushing option and now have a new dynamohub sitting on my workbench. Probably going to build it up as a replacement and try to sell the noisy one off as a “works but skewer caveat” to someone dyin to get into 650bdynamohublyfe.

[quote=buffoon]i used the scientific method of pixel counting google images and it’s closer to 15mm
what’s your evil plan anyways?[/quote]

Yeah, using the c-c 50mm mount I get 15mm in Photoshop too.

Custom canti brake cable stop with light mount for the next frame.

Following up on this seller, I ordered the hub on Friday and it showed up today (Tuesday) via DHL from Taipei.

I can’t believe how small and light this hub is, and that it was $80 including shipping halfway around the globe.