Dynamo help

[quote=JUGE FREDD]

the IQ-X really kills the edelux

it’s luxos optics in the same size, the housing can be flipped for upside-down use, and comes in reenactment silver

the 150 lux e-bike version should be fucking insane[/quote]

isn’t the luxos only 90 lux with the boost engaged? curious to hear more about what changes they made to squeeze more light out in this iteration and see a beam pattern comparison. the cyo premium is so much better than the regular cyo in my experience, interested to see if this would be a noticeable difference from that…

[quote=tamaso][quote=JUGE FREDD]

the IQ-X really kills the edelux

it’s luxos optics in the same size, the housing can be flipped for upside-down use, and comes in reenactment silver

the 150 lux e-bike version should be fucking insane[/quote]

isn’t the luxos only 90 lux with the boost engaged? curious to hear more about what changes they made to squeeze more light out in this iteration and see a beam pattern comparison. the cyo premium is so much better than the regular cyo in my experience, interested to see if this would be a noticeable difference from that…[/quote]
The cyo is 6 years old and the premium is 3. That’s an eternity in LED tech

In a few years the LEDs will capture rays from the sun and your dynamo will be an electric motor

or they’ll be powered by the earth’s magnetic field

I currently have my Luxos mounted on the very front of a cheap nashbar/sunlight canti rack, like you can see in this picture:

For commuting, I won’t be using the handlebar bag + want the light to be more protected from bike racks and such. So I want it on the fork crown, but the regular mount wont fit with the brake cable.

SQ: Should I buy this:

(can only find it from peter white right now)
or redo the straddle cable on my cantis to use the mount that came with the light?

There’s also this one:

Or you could keep the rack, drill the platform and hang it under the rack next to the tyre.

Don’t raise the straddle, you’ll detune your brakes.

I really like the one Blakey linked to.

Do you have a link for a place to buy that one in the US? Just finding UK distros

and TC setting up cantis is a mystery to me

or you can mount it using the hardware you already have to one of the canti studs

just like the rack it’s mounted to now

TC: half the reason I keep thinking about upgrading to v brakes on my lht is to do away with the shenanigans I had to do to mount dyno lights around my fork crown canti hanger.

Fyi, looks like klite Kerry is building his own USB converters, there has to a market for them when the Sinewave converter is so costly. https://www.instagram.com/p/BklxpV3hAZn/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1dgd30lfdxdvt

Cross-post:
Can anyone tell me if the issues that plagued the first generation through-axle SP’s are now sorted? I have a buddy doing the Japanese Odyssey and I am helping him with some dynamo advice.

The (borrowed) bike he will use is QR (Singular Kite), but the bike he will use long-term (Singular Gryphon) is 15mm through-axle. Is there any reason NOT to use TA-to-QR axle adaptors in dynamo hubs? My gut feeling is that he will go with a SON.

104 $ strine dollars