E-ROCK E-BAY E-THREAD

dude!

(paging cousin mosquito on that enzed sticker)

Nice, I freescored trek of similar vintage last yr. it’s been a lot of fun

And honestly, I want to hate those handlebars, but that shit looks alright tbh

I love the nicer bikes from that millennium era xc boom. From buttery lightweight steel to the most overbuilt aluminum monstrosities.

Are those bars supposed to be like that or were they originally ape hangers cut way down?

Yeah they look like cruiser bars

They might be some type of scorcher bar, if I’m lucky. But I kinda think once I unwrap the tape they’ll end up just some cut down cruiser bars. I will keep this thread informed.

Is this the sore of the day thread? Cuz I just picked this up off a curb.

hopefully its not too hard to get it running

Do you know how to make a lawnmower work?

Yeah I’m not too worried about the motor. More worried about the actual pump. Could have been left outside over the winter with water in the lines and split something. Either way worth walking it home half a block

Damn, that’s rad. I was psyched to find a (third) push mower yesterday. This is far better.

I’ve got another one for you if you want it. I was gonna fix it but I already have one that runs and have better things to do. PM me if you’re interested and ill gove you my address iys currently just sitting in my driveway

Another push mower? I’m good.

erocked this for $25. 94bcd/175mm

Dunno what I’m gonna do with them, probably put them on the univega, but seems like they ought to be able to be nerdcranked.

Mighty 900s are lovely cranks but they’re really Class B Nerd Cranks since they were designed around modern compact bottom brackets. You can’t run them much narrower to get the Q and chainline down towards nerd specs. They’d be great on that Univega though.

Stopped at a bike shop/coffee shop (not the fancy one) for coffee while out on a family ride. The shop happened to have been doing a garage sale so I browsed the tables.

Ended up getting a set of tandem wheels with co-motion badged DT Hugi hubs for $300. Fuck yeah.

These jawns right here

Damn.

Do you have a divorce bike, or is it just for your next project?

edit: never mind. I was confused

We have a divorce bike. We went on two week+ camping trips in the PNW with it, but the hope bigun rear hub failed and it’s been sitting in my basements for years, waiting for the bike gods to toss a cheap replacement wheel in my lap.

The second trip involved riding over an unpaved mountain pass on Vancouver island in the rain. It felt more like a spousicide bike that day.

Intended current use is twin cities bike paths with kiddo on the Weehoo out back. Should be perfect.

[quote=kmcdon]

erocked this for $25. 94bcd/175mm

Dunno what I’m gonna do with them, probably put them on the univega, but seems like they ought to be able to be nerdcranked.[/quote]

If you don’t end up using these I will buy them from you.

[quote=emor]We have a divorce bike. We went on two week+ camping trips in the PNW with it, but the hope bigun rear hub failed and it’s been sitting in my basements for years, waiting for the bike gods to toss a cheap replacement wheel in my lap.

The second trip involved riding over an unpaved mountain pass on Vancouver island in the rain. It felt more like a spousicide bike that day.

Intended current use is twin cities bike paths with kiddo on the Weehoo out back. Should be perfect.[/quote]

For real. The full-length PDX/MPLS family path cruiser.
My wife and I tried, but she does NOT like my driving and can’t let it go. We were smart enough to borrow a tandem before buying.