Extra Chrome Backpack strappage?

Is it just me, or is it somewhat annoying to have like 2 feet of waist strap flapping in the wind while riding? I don’t always need / want to buckle that part up…

Has anyone done any surgery or work arounds for this?

I just buckle it and tuck it behind me.

Velcro. The same velcro strips you use to wrap up the cabling/wires for computers and entertainment systems. Usually available at your local pharmacy.

Wire Wrap.

They sell little retainer clips for that very thing. I thought the backpacks came with them though.

I bought a 100 pack of tiny black hair ties/rubber bands at walgreens for a buck or so. They, like zip ties, are always really nice to have around.

[quote=“xARExJAYx”]They sell little retainer clips for that very thing. I thought the backpacks came with them though.

I bought a 100 pack of tiny black hair ties/rubber bands at walgreens for a buck or so. They, like zip ties, are always really nice to have around.[/quote]
You could always take a few of those big black clips from offices. Those work well too.

you can wrap the waist buckle behind the bag then buckle it, so that it acts as a kind of retainer strap. the clips on the straps will keep the excess in place. when i was using mine that’s how i had it 90% of the time.

i always just buckle it…

I have the mess bag but the same problem. I’ve attached a little piece of velcro to tuck it in but before I just wrapped it around until it ws tolerable

i buckle now. i almost fell once when the weight shifted and the bag flipped around

sassypants

that’s what… she… said?