eyewhere chat

Exactly what I’ve been doing this summer. Working out just fine, though I wish the tint was a little darker.

Wayfarer series 2’s. I’ve had them for 4 years and my eyelashes don’t rub the lenses, all I can hope for. Except for people making fun of me on group rides.

Rudy Project Rydon here, with photocromatic lenses. Pretty much the only model I can tolerate. All the Oakleys are bigass obnoxious douchebag fashion statements if you ask me.

To the widenosed people: aren’t adjustable nose pads enough to solve this problem? With the Rydon, you can bend the little pins that the nose pads sit on so they open up wider… I’m sure most of the quality sunglasses are like that.

Have a teammate who swears by the Smith Pivlocks, but might just be because he loves that they come in crazy neon colors.

I swear by my Rudy Project Hypermasks, great coverage which is a necessity for me since I ride w/ contacts, the red photochromic polarized lenses provide great contrast in wet/dry/fog/what have you. Though my favorite part is their unbreakable lens they make - took a crash while wearing them, landed on my face well over 30+. Lens was scratched to shit, with the skin above/below the lens fucked, observation was made that w/o the glasses I’d be rocking a rad eyepatch these days. So understandably they get my vote.

Exactly what I’ve been doing this summer. Working out just fine, though I wish the tint was a little darker.[/quote]

Doing the same thing. I had a different pair from Zenni with amber lenses and I had big problems with how that tint reacted to bright lights and shadows. I went with the grey lenses in my new pair and they’ve been great.

I wear some cheap ones from Performance but they are too dark in the woods, other than clear what color lenses are recommended for gloomy CX races and woods?

I don’t get the glasses over strap thing, when I wear a cycling cap/helmet I have to go under the strap to get the arms under the cap.

Bare eyes or clear lenses are best for less than sunny conditions.

I wish the frames on these didnt look like a massive dick vein

i might get some m frame hybrids or radar XL’s - there is a new radar model out (lock? idk) so the prices have dropped on the original radar

or stick to cheap randy savage approved shades

oh yea

Thanks for the Tifosi tip, dudes. These (Core) look pretty ok. “Good fit for women” according to the site, so could be a good match for my skinny face.

Which oakleys should I get guys?

Need something to match my new knife.

Preferably also matches my new set of nomads.

duh

cheap on ebay

[quote=lofarkas]

To the widenosed people: aren’t adjustable nose pads enough to solve this problem? With the Rydon, you can bend the little pins that the nose pads sit on so they open up wider… I’m sure most of the quality sunglasses are like that.[/quote]

In my observation, glasses with the adjustable nose thing are in the minority. I haven’t seen too many oakleys that have an adjustable nose but i’ve never really tried those on (most too uggo IMO). We sell smiths at my work but none of the models we sell look right on my face.

Most of the sunglasses we stock are serfas :colbert: Quality seems OK for their prices but they are all so ugly.

My favorite are these sweet truck stop style gems…

I call these these the Jordy

I just found some ugly ones on their website that are so bad I kind of like them:

[quote=tarckeemoon]Thanks for the Tifosi tip, dudes. These (Core) look pretty ok. “Good fit for women” according to the site, so could be a good match for my skinny face.

[/quote]

Had some of these, gave 'em to Pookie. They were laughably small on my face.

Got some other photo chromatic tifosi shades that are okay. I tend to fog up anything, though.

[quote=halbritt][quote=tarckeemoon]Thanks for the Tifosi tip, dudes. These (Core) look pretty ok. “Good fit for women” according to the site, so could be a good match for my skinny face.

[/quote]

Had some of these, gave 'em to Pookie. They were laughably small on my face.

Got some other photo chromatic tifosi shades that are okay. I tend to fog up anything, though.[/quote]

Sounds like they could be perfect for me then. My last three frames were found in the “women’s” section.

Anyway, I think I’m gonna expand the budget a little bit and just try on shit until I find something that works.

[quote=mander]talk to me about: Cycling suitable sunglasses for wide nosed fucks.

My nose got broken and now the bridge is just way too fat for normal shades to work. they sit up super high and get goop wicked on them from my eyebrows.[/quote]

maybe oakleys for asians…?

re. adjusta-bridges: They are hard to find! None of the off the rack cheap ($40 or less) cycling-suitable glasses I ever look at have them. non adjustable bridges are the norm for sure.

I will look for rudy project, thanks for the tip. [edit] Turns out they’re expensive as fuck. I guess I might have to change my cheapweenie ways if i ever want to wear sunglasses that fit properly.

lol@serfas

[quote=blumpkin]
maybe oakleys for asians…?[/quote]
Thas racist, Oakley calls them “Asian fit”.

oakly comes in douche colours

that is perfect for riding my bike

if im rolling a purple frame, blue vest and yellow arm warmers orange glasses are the least of my concerns. Also I use the permission non tinted lesnes in my jawbones almost exclusively.

ymmv

No mention of m-frames? I love mine, douchey or not.