finally drank the 29er kool-aid

wondering what took me so long.
best. mountain. bike. ever.

ooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh u bastard… I was JUST talking myself out of this!

ss 29er is the only way to roll.
i actually hate admitting it, but if it works it works.
i’m not pressing it on everyone, and i’m not gonna tun into a “two-niner” fanboy…but for my trails and my riding style a 29" wheel simpy cannot be beat.

uhhhh, pics?

edit: nm. in your sig.

would ride

You get rid of the full squish 26er?

Hey, I absolutely concur with the 29er love. Ride the shit outta my El Mariachi. But can not support the above claim.

BEST. MOUNTAIN. BIKE. EVER.

I have never found anything that rides anywhere close to this when off-road . . . until they make a 29er version.

I think if money was no object, a geared 29er hardtail would be my dream MTB.

Rigid SS 29er is cool and all but I also like gearing harder to pedal hard on the rolling terrain and that doesn’t really work so well when you are restricted to only a climbing gear for SS. Also, rigid on the local “DH lite” trail here is not much fun. Haven’t done any real DHing though.

I ride full squish 29er

Hey, I absolutely concur with the 29er love. Ride the shit outta my El Mariachi. But can not support the above claim.

BEST. MOUNTAIN. BIKE. EVER.

I have never found anything that rides anywhere close to this when off-road . . . until they make a 29er version.[/quote]
Unless you’re super giant, no 29er is going to have awesome suspension like that. A friend recently offered to let me ride his Ibis (which he has just kicking around) if I helped him build it up again. I just might.

Ya seen dis? Carbon.

Edit: I got to hold it yesterday. It’s light.

holy beautiful.

2010 Superfly 100

Apparently even comes in sizes small enough for short people, like the current Superfly.

I feel like the beauty of 29ers is being able to run them rigid or at most with front suspension. I guess a full squish 29er is that much better though.

I’m playing with the idea of keeping the Giant cross bike, putting the Rival on it, selling the La Cruz frameset and the Ultegra off of the Giant and using the 29er wheelset and some early 90’s XTR stuff that I have to build up a dirt drop 29er. OMG. I think I’m going to do that. Maybe 1x8. Yeeeessssss.

I didn’t post pics cause I didn’t wanna be accused of whoring my bike out for approval.
Just kidding.
And I did get rid of my s-works carbon hardtail 26er.
That thing was just too much bike for me.
I’m not even running tubeless, but even and 32psi this thing is sooooo plush.
And the tora race air fork is alot better than I had anticipated.
The only reason I’d ever go rigid is so I could wear a shirt around that said “29 inches and rigid”
probably gonna lace up a set of blunts to hope hubs in the next week or 2 now that I’m sold on a 29" wheel.

too much expensive-ass 29er talk, how bout some cheap-ass 29er talk.

Anyone know anything about the iro model 19? seems like a helluva deal

My bike retailed for $1100 and word on the street is you can get an '09 for much less than a grand and a specialized dealer since they usually don’t want any '09s hangin around this late in the year. M4 frame, tora air race, hydro brakes, truvativ firex w/ gxp bb…it’s a screamin deal.

Mr. Robot, for some reason, I thought that carbon hardtail was full squish. That was pretty much an XC race bike and I didn’t think you were serious about racing XC. I approve of your decision to go 29er.

I’m presently pining for a 29er hardtail with an 80mm Fox fork. I’m thinking that’ll be frame #2 if I ever start brazing shit together.

Let’s hit up JMP

I kind of want car x 29er collabo sometimes.

I always want to do more trail riding until I remember that driving to trails sucks. I only have to drive 5 miles, too.