finally drank the 29er kool-aid

The s-works carbon stumpjumper was most certainly an xc race bike. And to be honest, I think alot of the higher priced bikes are overrated. This bike goes against everything that I thought 29ers were about. It accellerates fast, it holds speed, it’s agile and quick and it’s a fucking goat when it climbs. And the good things I thought 29ers were about it’s even better at. A 3" root feels like a twig when you run over it and the center of gravity and longer wheelbase are excellent confidence boosters.

Oh, and the only negative I’m come across so far is this thing is hard to get in the air. I could bunny hop my singlecross and stumpy pretty high on the trails-but the 29er not so much. But it’s not really that big of a deal considering how much better it plows over things than a 26" wheel did. And also as far as the climbing, it might be tire choice. I always used to spin out going up the other side on a particular creek crossing on a local trail here. I’ve used larsen tt’s, fast trak’s, captains and nevegals in the rear on my other mtb’s but this is the first time I’ve used a sb8 and it seems to be a good choice so far. I like a knobby in the front for direction and cornering so I went with an s-works captain.

argh. i need a mtb

good to know. After i build this one bike I’m working on I think I’ll try and grab one of these!

I want some SB8s so badly.

Nice! I love my SJ 29er. My captains lasted 3 rides before i tore the side wall on both tires. This sucks because I really liked them.

specialized fanboy is full-time job

oh snap.
i like a company that makes a great product and stands behind it.

I looked at both of your bikes and didn’t see any companies standing behind them. All I saw was a wall and a fence.

29ers are so 2001

isn’t that a unicycle rim x wheel colabo

yeah but next best thingers are trying to make more 36" rims come to market cuz bigger than = better than

All my bikes are 29’ers I just ride 23’s for the street.

[quote=johnnypecans]29ers are so 2001
[/quote]
that’s a 36er…

edit: drunk, misread. as you were.

reading about one 36er build the guy was saying he could see spoke windup when braking (discs)

obviously they are the wave of the future