Frame Builders

Who here builds frames? I’m looking to into it myself. What kind of setup do you use? Let me see your work.

i build frames all day long. then i tear them apart and melt the steel and inject it into my bones.

I AM BIKES.

[quote=“jim”]i build frames all day long. then i tear them apart and melt the steel and inject it into my bones.

I AM BIKES.[/quote]

[quote=“jim”]i build frames all day long. then i tear them apart and melt the steel and inject it into my bones.

I AM BIKES.[/quote]

Do you still use a heat source to bond steel tubes together or have you gotten around this?

^ dude what dont you understand HE IS BIKES

I’ve considered investing some time in learning to weld and braze. I mean, brazing is essentially soldering at a higher temperature, I understand the process in theory, but I dont think I could even come close to accomplishing it in practice. Its this concern that has held me back from investing in materials and tools.

You can get brazing supplies for pretty cheap. Use propane instead of acetylene, you can use the same tank for your barbecue.

oh really? i’ve thought about trying to build a frame just so i can say i did it.

still looking into it, it may be a winter project in the garage.

Jim dosn’t need an external heat source.
He uses the burning hate-rays that shine from his eyes.

[quote=“Rusty Piton”]Jim dosn’t need an external heat source.
He uses the burning hate-rays that shine from his eyes.[/quote]

But can he blow up cars with them?

He can and does. He rides brakeless freewheel so he needs them to clear a path of destrucktion.

so yeah jacques, i plan on building some this winter. i have a little tig welder that i’ve used on various car parts. i also have and oxy/acetlyne setup for brazing. i would really like to build a ti tarck frame. i mostly need to build up a jig or some kind of alignment table. where have you been doing your research / getting your info? any good sites?

Frameforum.org and also the framebuilders section on Bikeforums have been a great resource so far.

ive seen some instructables online for building a frame jig. I’m too lazy to find them for you though.

thanks.

found it:

http://www.instructables.com/id/The-sim ... could-com/

[quote=“Rusty Piton”]Jim dosn’t need an external heat source.
He uses the burning hate-rays that shine from his eyes.[/quote]

that’s exactly what i do. i hate the tubes together. they fear me, and bend to my will.

Instructables is so great!

I’m building to no-weld tallbike TONIGHT!

Post pics!

will do!