Framebuildin' part 3

http://www.aedmotorsport.com/catalog/product/custom-streamline-tube

That’s where I got it.

the dream is dead

i told myself if i didnt build a frame in a year, i’d let this stuff go.

anvil frame and fork fixture, with some extras. 2200 usd + shipping for both
Untitled by Robert Freeman, on Flickr
Untitled by Robert Freeman, on Flickr

Working on some ideas:

Whacky long rake (78mm) assisted Dutch bike for threaded 25.4 head tube, disc brakes. Pretty stoked with how it came out.

anybody want my HTR-1b & BTS-1? I am gonna post 'em up for sale on FB and whatever soon.

want? yes.

have use for? no :frowning:

BTS-1 if the price is right. Will DM.

Can someone recommend a book or two about the basics of bicycle design and theory, specifically one that does focus on the math and numbers? (I know this is like asking for a basic book to build a nuclear reactor or find peace in the middle east. Just give me an idea.)

I’d like to design my own bike. Maybe for making myself, maybe just so I know what I want built. I always said that I didn’t need a custom bike because I’m a standard fit and I only ride track bikes. But the reality is that I have weird particulars I like/need that I’d like to work out.

My goal at the end of this is to have a solid design in CAD (or rattleCAD or whatever) that I can reference. Even if I do nothing with it.

I don’t have a book or two to recommend — just several generations of differently-accented authentic frontier gibberish for you to parse and integrate like I’ve been

A friend of mine has been working on a geometry comparator to compare designs from multiple points of view, but it isn’t launched yet: https://geometry.bike/

[youtube]ke5Mr5eCF2U[/youtube]

Ha, I just got a Facebook PM from Zach about his new site.

SuperMAX

STORN AF.

Going to leave this one unfiled.

[quote=Eric Estlund]SuperMAX

[/quote]
HAS SCIENCE GONE TOO FAR?!??

Rocketman

is SuperMax a replacement fork for someone’s nonferrous bike?

Nope- it’s the start of a fun steel rig (though I probably do a few forks a year for folks directly replacing a carbon fork).

And yes, we discussed balancing the practicality of tapered steel vs the fun factor of going for a true tapered steel lugged fork. Fun factor won the day.

seriously