garbage ass, stripped b/b housing threads... loctite?

i picked up a frame at the flea. unfortunately for me, the fixed cup is fucking stripped, as in you can push the cup all the way in. would loctite work? would it last? has anyone tried this? btw, this is gonna be my beater bike so i’m not worried about being able to evar remove the bb.

and fuck italian threads.

I’d look into a theadless bottom bracket… i’ve seen them in 68xwhatever, but dunno about 70 (you mention italian threads)

Someone on bostonfixed just posted a thread about how bad they suck…apparently came loose during a sprint.

Someone on bostonfixed just posted a thread about how bad they suck…apparently came loose during a sprint.[/quote]

it’s a last resort thing and who knows what factors could have come into play w/ that failure. still better than loctite/jbweld. i suppose one could get a steel fixed cup and weld it to the bottom bracket shell or something, too :slight_smile:

I HATE dealing with Italian bikes. Period.

it’s an english threaded bb, but i don’t want to have it rethreaded. i really don’t want to spend big bucks on a $10 open road beater frame. i’m just wondering if it will last more than a couple of hundred miles before the bb falls out. i have a sealed one to throw in.

Are the threads in the bb shell stripped? Or just on the fixed cup? If it’s just the cup, I say throw the seald unit in right away. A comprimised BB is not worth the risk.

you can get the threadless yst jobby for like 10$.

Lolzmania

Ha!