GARMIN KR3W

Not really that exciting:

Went slower than usual because I was riding with someone else. Ironically, he keeps a faster pace than me, probably about 17 mph, but I think he underestimated my abilities and just rode slowly.

part of this krew… have the edge 705.

what mapping system does eveyone use, besides the disc that come with it?

I have found you can export some maps from google, convert them to gpx and then load them to the basemap application, and import the files… quick and easy for mapping long distances, like I am for my tour.

this kind of shows how, then just import and send to GPS

My username is Ashes_Dust. I’m rubbish, so I don’t know why you’d want to look at my rides.

Mine is funny. I ride around the airport every single day. Very little of interest there.

HAhaa.

Not joking:

dude, you’re joking.

so, are these things, like, worth it?

i ride too the airport erryday

you rock a 57 mi commute?

did yesterday and trying to do that as much as possible now, direct commute is a 34mi round trip

As an HRM and a training aid, yes, definitely. With power it’s even better, but that’s a different class of expense. Edge 500 is easy to use, small, unobtrusive, easy to remove, easy to charge, and all around just awesome.

As an HRM and a training aid, yes, definitely. With power it’s even better, but that’s a different class of expense. Edge 500 is easy to use, small, unobtrusive, easy to remove, easy to charge, and all around just awesome.[/quote]

This.

One of the better rides I’ve done recently:

Anyone have the 305? Looks like it has more robust waypoint/routing system.

It does. Like a Junior 705. Won’t support power and is bigger than the 500. 500 is cooler, less GPS-ey. Plus, I don’t use it for navigation.

Hmm. I 'm definitely not getting a power meter, and I might enjoy a little more direction. 305 is looking nice. Comes pretty cheap even with the HR/cadence sensor, too.

To me it defies the elegant simplicity of the 500, but if you really want navigation, then by all means.

Now I know I am appealing to a very small category of tarckers (the hardcore dealers), but I just bought a Garmin 305. It has a broken “down” button, which means that I have to scroll up through all of the menus. However, I bought it for 40 dollars shipped. Apparently it’s a 30 dollar fix.

I am a cheapskate, and I have a GPS. End of story.

Wow.