Get any riding in this morning?

We’re visiting the inlaws in SW Va and I brought my FG along with plans to hit the Blue Ridge Parkway yesterday. Didn’t happen, so I got out for a short ride this morning. I didn’t pack clothes for a 38deg ride, so I nixed a long, fast ride and went for a short ride in a nearby neighborhood full of steepish hills and did some hill work at lower speed to keep the windchill factor down. I didn’t even do 10 miles but my thighs are blasted.

What about you?

Chris

Going trail riding in the’burbs in about an hour.

Doing 30-something miles on the road bike pretty soon. There’s no way in hell I’d be up this early for any other reason.

I had a badass Sunday. Didn’t get out of bed until 11 then sat around my apartment drinking coffee until 2. Went mountain biking on the “big” mountain in my city. The trail is really more of a fire trail but its straight up for about an hour and half, a short rest at the top and 25 minutes back down. The bike was dusty so I took it to a self-car wash and hosed it down. Then the girlfriend came over, we ordered chinese food, drank beer and had sex. :bear: She went home and now i’m drinking chocolate milk. Oh here’s the bike. I love this thing.

Hot hot hot hot.

i rode to the store. didn’t buy anything though; i left my wallet at home.

I rode home from a friend’s place, after waking up with a girl that came down to visit him from Eugene. I’m gonna go for a ride with my dad (He’ll be on the trucker and I’ll be on the tarckbike). He helped front me the cash for the bike, so I figured I’d show him what all the hubbub was about. He hasn’t ridden a bike in a long while, but hopefully I can get him into it. He looks after an out of service inn 22 miles south of here, so I’m thinking about having a little bike-down seminar on CS3 then a party afterwards.

edit: wow that was all pretty random shit. Anything I should keep in mind for someone nearing 60 that hasn’t ridden in a while?

I raced yesterday so my legs are really feeling it but luckily today is just polo day so there’s not a lot of work to be done.

Go slower than you think you should and make sure the bike fits him if you’re riding any significant distance.

Chris[quote=“boneless”]I had a badass Sunday. Didn’t get out of bed until 11 then sat around my apartment drinking coffee until 2…Oh here’s the bike. I love this thing. [/quote]

I’m jealous. Having two kids, one being only 2 months old, means I don’t get to do that anymore. Sleeping in is 7am (get up at 5am M-F and most weekends). That I got to sleep till nearly 8am today was a fluke that’s not likely to be repeated anytime soon.

Nice bike. Is that a Karate Monkey?

Chris

[quote=“bold”]I rode home from a friend’s place, after waking up with a girl that came down to visit him from Eugene. I’m gonna go for a ride with my dad (He’ll be on the trucker and I’ll be on the tarckbike). He helped front me the cash for the bike, so I figured I’d show him what all the hubbub was about. He hasn’t ridden a bike in a long while, but hopefully I can get him into it. He looks after an out of service inn 22 miles south of here, so I’m thinking about having a little bike-down seminar on CS3 then a party afterwards.

edit: wow that was all pretty random shit. Anything I should keep in mind for someone nearing 60 that hasn’t ridden in a while?[/quote]

I’ve taken a couple rides with my dad, I just usually take it easy and let him and myself enjoy the time spent out. Go like, half as far as you originally thought you should. My dad is pretty in shape and we generally just do a mile or two which seems like not very long, but to someone who hasnt been on a bike in a while thats plenty long.

i ride every morning

I didn’t ride this morning. Rest day for me. Yesterday was awesome though. Went down town and met up with High West and another friend. We rode to the bar, played some pool and had some beers. Then we rode to the park and played some frisbee. Onto Barbacoa for some food, and then back. After that we went to roller derby which was pretty fun to watch.

Had an awesome ride today. Left at noon sharp, and just got myself lost in the city for a few hours, heading in the general direction of NW. Great time to just wander around. The side streets are thick with the colours of fall, and the parks are looking gorgeous as well. Did some fast-paced arterial road riding and some stop-and-smell-the roses meandering when something caught my eye.

Stopped for a delicious americano at my old favorite coffee shop shortly after heading out, and had a kick-ass burrito before heading home.

Hell of a way to spend a Sunday, and sure beats dodging the comatose meat pylons on the MUP by the lake for the billionth time.

Gotta admit I totally bit the term “meat pylon” off TRaffic Jammer.

There’s been a weather advisory the last few mornings for fog. Makes for great early rides but I had the superflash going to hopefully catch the attention of drivers.

[quote=“allencb”]
I’m jealous. Having two kids, one being only 2 months old, means I don’t get to do that anymore. Sleeping in is 7am (get up at 5am M-F and most weekends). That I got to sleep till nearly 8am today was a fluke that’s not likely to be repeated anytime soon.

Nice bike. Is that a Karate Monkey?

Chris[/quote]

Yeah it’s a Karate Monkey.

I usually don’t like laying around the house on the weekends. Whenever I do it, I always regret wasting so much of my free time doing nothing. I’ve been super busy lately so today was good though.

Did almost 20 miles on the Samson. I normally ride one of the bikes with brakes to go that distance and longer but the knees were feeling good so I took the Samson. I’m really glad I did, it was a wonderful ride.

I think he bit it off me, and I bit it off some guy on the Communting Forum over at BF.

I rode to work and home.

that sounds like one of the best days anyone can ever have. sleep in, relaxed mtb ride, delivery chinese, beer, sex, chill out alone

damn

friends bday last night. stayed up till the bars closed, but stayed sober for todays ride!

just went for a 17 miler with a friend and surprisingly for his first time on a skinny-tire he was fast!

Wish we could have gone longer, but we passed a squirrel and I said “I’m hungry. That squirrel was looking really delicious back there…”

and so we went for food.

i had a delicious brown rice and nuts veggieburger loaded with protein!