get me into a balleur road brakeset

My buddy in the shop just replaced his rival brakes with 105 5600 calipers and th difference is like daaaaamn. Only downside was that the stock barrel adjusters couldn’t take the ballin gold housing end caps he was using, so he swapped the barrel adjusters.

Having used 5600 brakes extensively, I can attest to their awesomeness. No need for ultegra for your (or my) purposes, really.

sell me your 105 brakes

get some centerpull bosses brazed onto your frame and use the paul racers

i have some oldy DA 7200 centerpull (ala mafac/paul racer) brakes fwiw

It looks like they’re single pivot.

Sol - Since you’re running full housing and you have a bigass frame I’d consider some baller-er cables and housing as part of your upgrade. It will make a bigger difference for you than it would for a lot of people.

If he’s running single pivots then any double pivot brake is gonna make a huge difference.

But really, that saddle is so heavy it’s just carrying too much inertia for any brake to effectively stop…

I have a set of Rival brakes that are essentially new.

Want 'em?

uncle ian: what colour?

if he doesn’t . . . . . .

seriously someone sell me some dual pivot brakes

[quote=aek]If he’s running single pivots then any double pivot brake is gonna make a huge difference.
[/quote]
Incorrect. Those early 90s single pivot 105 brakes were Sheldon Brown’s favorite brakeset. And with good reason, they are actually really nice.

[quote=kevinwulf][quote=aek]If he’s running single pivots then any double pivot brake is gonna make a huge difference.
[/quote]
Incorrect. Those early 90s single pivot 105 brakes were Sheldon Brown’s favorite brakeset. And with good reason, they are actually really nice.[/quote]

I was not aware.

Well in that case start with balleur cables, housing, and pads.

kcnc

croce d’aune or gtfo

c-record deltas

fuck

love this video

piece of pdx fixie history right there

haha your to funny

[quote=deadforkinglast]My buddy in the shop just replaced his rival brakes with 105 5600 calipers and th difference is like daaaaamn. Only downside was that the stock barrel adjusters couldn’t take the ballin gold housing end caps he was using, so he swapped the barrel adjusters.

Having used 5600 brakes extensively, I can attest to their awesomeness. No need for ultegra for your (or my) purposes, really.[/quote]

Not to nit-pick here, but 5600 brakes doesn’t take end caps, so swapping the barrels from another brake in order to keep your gold end cap is pretty eff’in ridiculous.

You guys are putting way too much effort into a sol thread.

campy skeleton