get me into a balleur road brakeset

Had some Zero G Ti brakes, they were ok, but I sold em to get a bunch of other bike parts. Cost =/= performance or weight savings in this case.

So 6600 is a good brakes?

is sol the naughty puppy we have given up on trying to train and caved and started feeding table scraps to instead?

i mean nobody even mentioned the dq thread once

besides where are the redeeming puppy qualities

[quote=curiousincident]is sol the naughty puppy we have given up on trying to train and caved and started feeding table scraps to instead?

besides where are the redeeming puppy qualities[/quote]

srsly, I ask a RD question and caught flack within 4 responses. Let’s be fair ppl

[quote=bonechilling][quote=deadforkinglast]My buddy in the shop just replaced his rival brakes with 105 5600 calipers and th difference is like daaaaamn. Only downside was that the stock barrel adjusters couldn’t take the ballin gold housing end caps he was using, so he swapped the barrel adjusters.

Having used 5600 brakes extensively, I can attest to their awesomeness. No need for ultegra for your (or my) purposes, really.[/quote]

Not to nit-pick here, but 5600 brakes doesn’t take end caps, so swapping the barrels from another brake in order to keep your gold end cap is pretty eff’in ridiculous.[/quote]
I never said it wasn’t.

This.

All you get spending any more is less weight. If you’re running a sprung Brooks this is obviously not a priority.[/quote]
Yes.

that video was dumb

This. Find your budget and the brake that best fits your riding style.

man i cant wait til i can score a cheap used 7900 brakeset a few years down the road. everything that i have heard about the 7900 brakes is nothing short of phenomenal.

it is crazy that shimano can consistently improve on their brakes with each new generation.

This. Find your budget and the brake that best fits your riding style.[/quote]

damn. that was a surprisingly enjoyable read… but still little or no chance i ever buy anything past 105 or ultegra level.

This. Find your budget and the brake that best fits your riding style.[/quote]
holy fuuuu all those cnc’ed and crabon bits makes me hot

i started reading that link
then scrolled down looking at the prices
i closed the link

[quote=imoscardotcom][quote=curiousincident]is sol the naughty puppy we have given up on trying to train and caved and started feeding table scraps to instead?

besides where are the redeeming puppy qualities[/quote]

srsly, I ask a RD question and caught flack within 4 responses. Let’s be fair ppl[/quote]

no whining

I lol’d pretty hard.

so im thinking ill go with 6600

Odd…

It seems as though he has ignored everyones response.

6600 are pretty awesome brakes. That’s what I’d do.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tektro-R358-Road-Brake-Caliper-Set-/330511325742?pt=Cycling_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4cf4029a2e

bought these

good call, assuming your bike doesn’t call for super short-reach (i.e. less than 47mm) brakes. i have that exact pair on my track bike, works flawlessly.

definitely not top-end stuff, but, fuck, you squeeze a lever and pull a cable and it squeezes the rim. it’s not rocket science.

Should have gone with craftsman 51653’s for maximum stopping power and smooth modulation or sommat tho amirite.