get me into a touring fork

have to adjust what when unloaded?

adjust to it, as in “get used to how it feels.”

when empty, you have to be deliberate in your inputs into the bars, more than on a bike with a normal amount of trail.

but you get used to it.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah okay. that doesnt seem so bad.

teh elsctra one seems liek would be best for cyclocrosstire touring with fornt rack

if im getting a new fork, ill get threadless. would rather threaded doe.

but if getting new one then threaded doe but also threaded if new but yeah liek also threaded is bprefferred, but i liek just liek threaded even tho threadless is ‘better’ idk

oops i meant threadless doe

edit: teh electra one fits centerpulls?

300mm steerer is not gonna work for threadless. might work if you had you framebuilder put some threads on.

[quote=stronglight1047]80mm. mine’s the one on the bottom. i did a review here: http://tarckbike.com/node/16724

since then, i’ve removed the wald and put on a smaller porteur rack. handles perfectly with a 12-pack, is a little odd empty. not bad, you just have to adjust to it.

edit - i’ll guysshoe some pix soon. added a sugino PX 50.4 crank.[/quote]

Ah, thanks.

Isn’t it dangerous to thread a threadless steerer? Thought they were too thin for that.

Isn’t it dangerous to thread a threadless steerer? Thought they were too thin for that.[/quote]

that makes sense, but i’m willing to bet that a fork from the likes of electra is using the same tubing for the steerer for both the threaded and threadless versions. I wouldn’t be surprised if the threadless was just the threaded version without threads cut

i dont think trek ht is that long. i know the bigbike steerer is like 350mm

Don’t do that with your brain, it’ll get stuck that way

Don’t do that with your brain, it’ll get stuck that way[/quote]

HAHAHA i think you’re too late it’s already stuck that way.

I wouldn’t make that assumption, Electra’s framebuilding contractor is almost def. just buying the steerers pre-threaded from their tubing source.

It’s actually a pretty huge asspain to cut new threads and a keyway into a smooth steerer.

sorry sol babby, my fork only haz 200mm of steerer :confused:
coz not big bike sized

I wouldn’t make that assumption, Electra’s framebuilding contractor is almost def. just buying the steerers pre-threaded from their tubing source.

It’s actually a pretty huge asspain to cut new threads and a keyway into a smooth steerer.[/quote]

i thought the fork builder was the one throwing it though some cutting machine, but it totally makes more sense that they buy the tubes pre threaded.

in which case i lost my hypothetical bet

650b conversion now amirite?

Just get myframebuilder to re braze centerpulls doe.

[quote=aek]650b conversion now amirite?

Just get myframebuilder to re braze centerpulls doe.[/quote]
FUCK DAT COS CAN’T BUY TIRES AT WALMART

:colbert: