get me into cagro bikes

Totally, they’re planning on fabbing an actual kickstand, which probably will be welded on down the road. My fork will have a crown mounting hole and mid blade eyelets for dyno and fender mounting.

Omnium now sells a custom fabbed kickstand meant for, obviously, omniums. They originally shipped with a some premade double foot kickstand but apparently every single one broke including ours. So they had a custom one made that’s super heavy duty. We bought two of them but to be honest we haven’t mounted them yet and now that I think about it I’m kind of embarrassed because that was eassssssily 9 months ago.

Anyway. It’s a kickstand that mounts in the normal kickstand spot but two super heavy duty legs kick out to either side of the rear wheel. If I can remember I’ll take a photo at the office tomorrow.

No doubt that the bullitt style kickstand works better but that shit is custom fab and needs custom fab installation as well. The omnium kickstand achieves the same thing and I think it was like $60USD with some shitty shipping from denmark. Tops the cost is like $100USD.

EDIT: http://omniumbikes.tictail.com/product/jumbo-kickstand

To give you an idea of how serious this thing is, when I’ve fucked around with it (in hand, it’s not installed) I take serious caution as to where my fingers are. It’s heavy and the spring are god damn strong. Every time I pick it up I’m surprised by the weight.

dude the Ursus Jumbo has been around since at least 2010

it’s a standard part for euro bikes that fits normal kickstand plates, not particular to omnium at all

Well fuck me, you’re totally right. Fred do you know of one for a front loading cargo bike like a bullitt?

http://omniumbikes.tictail.com/product/new-omnium-kickstand

This is what we actually have. So maybe ‘custom’ for omnium? Probably a rebrand of something else already out there but I remember talking to Jumbo (not the kickstand, the Omnium guy and Copenhangen Messenger) about getting new kickstands and he said he had something in the works and sent us a couple of those things.

But these are the ones I am scared of catching my finger in. I’m sure the ones I linked before are equally as burly but just wanted to clarify.

EDIT: I might email Jumbo (aka jimmi of Omnium, By-Expressen Cykelkurer) about this tomorrow. I’d be interested to see mostly because our bullit kickstands have really been eating shit lately.

the Bullit OEM centerstand is pretty decent

I’m pretty sure we’ve put the Rolling Jackass remote design on some frontends too

the best ever is the custom front centerstand on Haulin Colin’s Shamu longtail viewpoint tandem

it’s a steel braced triangle over 2 feet wide at the base, connected by a linkage rod to a WI Trials freewheel on the captain’s NDS crank

that means if the captain ever backpedals that starts deploying the stand, it hits the ground at about 45° rotation and goes over-center at around 60°, pedaling forward both propels the bike off the stand and helps to retract it until the spring takes over

the feet of the stand were originally magnesium, and now made from an even sparkier Ferrocerium flint alloy

Got a chance to go check out my cagro bike today, its like 85% done, they ended up adding a steering limiter and threaded bosses on the main cargo deck, as well as some 45* angled braces. Still need to add a horizontal tube along the deck closer to the fork to reduce flex when big things are cinched down to the frame, then just cleaning up the brazing and paint. They’re doing this spray on automotive paint, I chose fluro pink, but just clearcoat over the original frame. They also added all the bosses for a kickstand but won’t have one made until the spring, as soon as my bike is done they’ve got at least a dozen other people with cash in hand. Really glad I jumped as soon as I saw they wanted to make these. Hopefully 3 more weeks and I can start building it. Any recommendations for lever/brake/dicks for the front wheel? 20" centerlock wheel 160 rotors.

you should add a disc tab and brace to the the rear triangle while it’s under the torch, even if you plan to mullet at first

what diameter are the giant round tubes up front? can the open ends be plugged with raquetballs or something?

They look tennis ballable. I asked about disc tabs but they weren’t sure it was a good idea even with a brace, and frankly I’m not gonna be bombing hills either way. 26" mullet life.

Seconding Fred’s suggestion. It will be fine with rear disc brakes as long as it’s braced. That’s not some thin-walled tubing or anything.

I’d go for a larger rotor up front, but only based on guesswork not personal experience.

Definitely get a 160 up front. You cannnnnnn mullet it but if you have big loads you’re definitely going to want a good rear brake. Front brakes already do the majority of the braking, it feels pretty funny when you have 300lbs on the front and a 160mm rotor with hydro brakes and you grab even a well modulated fistful. I think everyone I know has gone over the bars of a bullit once or twice.

We use basic deore m615 brakes but that’s mostly because things get broken so fast we can’t afford to put fancy shit on 6 cargo bikes. If I had my own bullit it’d be decked out in Saint shit. Whatever you get don’t bother trying to get pre-bled, you’re going to have to cut your own hose and set them up yourself because of the length require on the front. Might save you a couple bucks buying shit individually.

Get a fugn dick brake on there
Yes, it’s necesaary

yeah gotta keep in mind that relative to a normal bike, all of the rider’s weight is on the rear wheel

Just to be clear: Are you saying a 180 rotor up front would be too much brake power toudulate well?

[quote=Shortpants]Definitely get a 160 up front. You cannnnnnn mullet it but if you have big loads you’re definitely going to want a good rear brake. Front brakes already do the majority of the braking, it feels pretty funny when you have 300lbs on the front and a 160mm rotor with hydro brakes and you grab even a well modulated fistful. I think everyone I know has gone over the bars of a bullit once or twice.

We use basic deore m615 brakes but that’s mostly because things get broken so fast we can’t afford to put fancy shit on 6 cargo bikes. If I had my own bullit it’d be decked out in Saint shit. Whatever you get don’t bother trying to get pre-bled, you’re going to have to cut your own hose and set them up yourself because of the length require on the front. Might save you a couple bucks buying shit individually.[/quote]

This is all great info.
Alright I asked for a brace/disc mount on the rear. I’ll be running a mullet when I first build it up, but something to upgrade eventually.
They also redid all the brazeons for triple top tube routing, full housing on the RD since no more under BB shell routing possible. Psyched for this to come together.

Ok!! I am fully turning this thread into my own Mig/Mdilthering dumbass questions thread.

I finally got the bike, and its awesome.

The paint looks great but is absolute garbage, chips and scrapes off if you so much as look at it sideways. The dudes who made it have purchased all the spray guns and such to use real automotive paint, but don’t have the indoor space to use it yet, a new permanent paintjob, as well as a real cargo bed kickstand are coming, included in the cost of the bike (which was incredibly reasonable, and for their sake I hope they ask a lot more once production starts for real)

This will be my first disc brake bike, and frankly I know enough to know I don’t know much. I’m broke as fuck in general so the build will be stretched out over the winter, but I want to do it right. I’m throwing some shit from my xtracycle build on it now just to learn how to ride it, but final build will be way more modern.

I think these are pretty standard post mounts? I should be able to use most modern brakes with the right adapter?
Front wheel is centerlock, the two 26" disc rear wheels I have are 6 bolt, ones a deore hub to mavic 317 rim, ones a cannondale branded hub to mavic em321 rim. 321 looks burlier but idk.
What brakes do I want?
Definitely hydro rear, probably cable front, or is it really worth it to fuck with hydro splitters?
What size rotors?
What do?
Help me not fuck this one up. I’m pretty cheap but taking my time and want to do it right rather than absolute cheapest way possible.

Those are ISO mounts
203mm rotor in the front
Same for rear?

Niiiiice!
What’s the tire width and diameter on your front wheel?
Just about to pop off a plastic splatter painted 20" x 50mm fender from my Cycletruck.
If you want it I could mail it to you for the cost of shipping.

Thanks Mig!
Andrew, I think I’m gonna try and snag a matching powerblock in whatever the largest sizeway I can get for the front. If the mudguard hasn’t been junked by then I will definitely hit you up! I think 20"x50 would be perfect.

Sweet, I am excited for you!

I have used a centerlock-to-6 bolt adapter for a while with no I’ll effects (if you want to have matchy rotors).

I vote to go with the matchy black rear wheel.

Based on my MTB experience, I would definitely spend the time and energy to go hydro brake on the front.