get me into cagro bikes

I love that bike. What are your plans for the deck? How much does it weigh?

Haven’t weighed it, but its lighter than I thought it would be. I think my first plan will be to get some 1x2 planks, drill em, and bolt them to the bed. Eventually I’d like to make a box and a more permanent deck that I can swap between. Or a box that attaches to a deck, or whatever. Right now I’m just psyched to have it.

I’m thinking some non series or maybe deore level Shimano hydros (M315’s?) for the brakes+levers, but I wanna talk to some shops about hydro splitters first.
Some cheap 11-40 cassette.
Some shimano clicky shifter.
Some shimano dangler (I have one of those rockbros roadlink knockoffs, seems like a good time to use it)

I also need to figure out the best way to mount my dyno light to the front. On the top cap with a longer bolt? to one of the brazeons at axle level? Pclamp?

If I order brakes from a euro site will I just have to deal with moto brakes?

No, they usually tell you if it is left-front, right rear or otherwise.

You might be able to use the fork crown bracket on the top cap bolt and that’d probably give you the best beam.

Mostly only if you buy from the UK since they are “moto-native”… But you’ll probably buy from Krautland right?
These will do just fine, Deore is up to BR-M6000 for 2018.

I don’t really get this whole hydro splitting thing? Just leave the front brake to be fixed by a shop? Any decent shop should have Shimano’s BH90 hydro lines on roll for custom-length-cutting.

[quote=Viggen]
I don’t really get this whole hydro splitting thing? Just leave the front brake to be fixed by a shop? Any decent shop should have Shimano’s BH90 hydro lines on roll for custom-length-cutting.[/quote]

I guess I gotta talk to more shops, there’s one near me that does a lot of xtracycles and longtail kid carriers, and they told me the longest hydro hoses they could order were just over 6ft. I think I’ll need closer to 8 for the front.

So JEALOUS and so wicked stoked for you dude. Wait, don’t you live in New England? I wanna see this thing.

Anyways, those post mounts won’t take a flat-mount disc brake so be sure not to buy anything that says flat mount. A regular old pair of BB7’s will work great and just about any other style of disc brake comes in that configuration, or it used to. Hydro, etc.

But I wouldn’t go hydro on a cargo bike because of how long the housing would need to be (right?)

Get your shop xtracycle shop into BH90 shop rolls? I mean I work/worked at a MTBro shop and all we did was basically carry rolls, everything is custom cut for bikes any way? They gotta loose so much money buying pre-cut’s, should leave so much unusable scrap housing? They should be able to order rolls through QBP or what ever…?

Either that or buy this roll from ebay and sell it to the shop at cost?

Bb7s are garbage

Max come to boston this spring and ride with me

Why wait till spring?

Why wait till spring?[/quote]

If you wanna ride the cagro, I’m basically unavailable until after xmas but yeah come to boston, lets ride bikes and drink coffee. Compare pocket knives, or whatever tarckers do.

[quote=Viggen]Get your shop xtracycle shop into BH90 shop rolls? I mean I work/worked at a MTBro shop and all we did was basically carry rolls, everything is custom cut for bikes any way? They gotta loose so much money buying pre-cut’s, should leave so much unusable scrap housing? They should be able to order rolls through QBP or what ever…?

Either that or buy this roll from ebay and sell it to the shop at cost?
[/quote]

ding ding ding, we have a winner!

Why wait till spring?[/quote]

If you wanna ride the cagro, I’m basically unavailable until after xmas but yeah come to boston, lets ride bikes and drink coffee. Compare pocket knives, or whatever tarckers do.[/quote]

Sounds good, sent you a DM

Ought to have your mates add a braze on exactly where you want it when they take it for a repaint

Ding ding ding for that too.

Top cap light mount would be pretty awesome on that bike though!

Dynamo? Fork crown

Xtracycle is having a big sale right now, if anyone’s interested. I took the low road into dynamolife with the Joule/Luxos wheel package they’re blowing out. Looks like you can get into an Edgerunner with decent accessories for about 2k.

Of course now there’s snow and ice everywhere, so putting shit parts on it to do donuts in the schoolyard down the street was a waste, but it feels better than a bare frame. I have some ebay’d cheapo tektro mech brakes on the way to tide me over until I ball out on some hydros (and find a shop that will run 8ft of hydro line). 203 rotor front 180 rear.
Gonna focus on building a platform after xmas madness and worry less about the components. Makes me excited every time I go downstairs and see it sitting there.