get me into cross

Ummm,…no.[/quote]

I make a point to pee myself every race, so yeah, seems like a good analogy.

replace pee with puke.

you jealous?

you jealous?[/quote]
not at all :stuck_out_tongue:

cross can always use girls who would normally do triathlon and falling over in the transition getting muddy and/or drunk

quoted for truth.

quoted for truth.[/quote]

I have had a horrible season, had to drop out twice, my bikes are barely functioning and I have no chance of placing well in any of my races. And it is still the highlight of my year.

this.

I’ve gotten 29th, 27th and a DNF so far. I’ve dropped my chain twice in races, and was crashed out of the last one.
I always show up to work the next day sore, bloody and bruised up. My ego is crushed. I still don’t care. I go out there cos I can listen to bad punk and techno music and ride my bike and mouth breathe for an hour without having anyone think I’m weird for it.

Well, okay everyone at work thinks I’m nuts…

We think you nuts too! :bear:

Ok, well I think this is going to be my first race. Probably the Cat 4 35+ masters division since it’s a shorter race and early. It’s a short ride from my place too.

Been riding the Redline to work. Feels pretty good except for the POS skipping tensioner which I will need to replace before I throw the bike in the bushes. I need to work on the dishing of the rear wheel a tad and cut the steerer down. I’m happy with the slightly higher bar position on this bike. Planning on running 42x20 which will be ridiculous for commuting, but I want to get some time on the road in that gear so I can dial in the saddle position for spinning my ass off.

I’ve been practicing dismounting/remounting as part of my normal riding. I can do the step through dismount into a run, but I totally suck at remounting. For now with remounts I think I need to concentrate on keeping control of the bike and not hurting myself.

Rule # 1

Go as hard as you can and have fun!
:bear: :bear: :bear:

What kind of tensioner are you using tarckee? I’m planning on converting the Raleigh into a flat-bar single-speed once the season’s over and using it as a beat-around town/easy single track bike. This is my second full season on this bike (plus 5 races on it in 2008) and those beatings have taken their toll. I’m hoping to get something from this year’s line of completes on closeout next year to replace it.

It’s from one of these Forte kits I think. Came with stamped cogs. Utter piece of crap. I picked it up on craigslist for really cheap, but it sucks.

Good to know. It seems like most tensioners suck. Anyone have luck with the surly one?

Probably what I’m going to go with. More teeth and a chain guides on either side. Can also be used in “push up” mode for more chain wrap.

I have the Dimension Godspeed. Horrible as well. I am thinking about the Surly to replace it.

here’s a cross dq:

just zoomed around practicin’ soem cross maneuvers.

dropped the air pressure on my cx tires a lot (30 or 32 c kenda clinchers cheapo takeoffs). not sure the pressure- 25-30?
the lower pressures felt great just zoomin around on grass and on crushed stone paths.

noticed on one particular turn where i leaned the bike over real sharply and quickly i could feel the sidewall start to fold over, but i didn’t crash.

do i need more pressure or is this how it’s done and i should does not be afraid.

1. If you cats are looking for a tensioner, I’m using the Kore chainstay tensioner on the retro direct. It works fantastically, but it’s also a different purpose. Just an fyi though.

They also make ones for derailleur mounts. Amongst others.

using a friends eccentric rear wheel till the end of the season. once i return that to him i’m going to use one of the fixed tensioners