Get me into drops and hoodz

where do I find these on the internet??

google isn’t helpin alot.

“get the sram if you can” meant get the sramwhen it’s available. Which isn’t yet :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

oh.
okay.

[quote=bold]if you like cushy bartape get the fizik gel pads.

you mean the flats on the top of your bars or the flats on the drops?

i use ergo bars and don’t have a problem with the latter. not that i like the bars.[/quote]
flat of the drops, my wrist/forearm just do not like the angle most anatomic bars try to place them at, especially for sprinting.

i had these 3t bars on my old bike for and hated them. same thing with the stock fuji track bars. not habanero at all.

im all about classic bend, but bars are a personal thing. i need that flat section on the bottom, thats where i like to hammer from.

i got that same gel flite. it’s quite :bear: approved

also, i dig anatomic drops. not super wiggly “ergo” but like what you had on the forge.

so not like these?

same here, just weird feeling (and looking)

Again, I’d prefer classic bend bars, I just don’t have any.

[quote=Ranger Rick]so not like these?

same here, just weird feeling (and looking)[/quote]
I have the Poco’s. I hate the feeling of the bump right in my palm. I like ergo bars for the most part, but I have no idea why they gave them that design. It’s tough to find bars that small though (I am ridiculously inflexible), so I’m stuck.

^ I have some like that,w ith the weird bend in the drop and I dont ever use the drops. The bars are too deep and I dont have enough stearer to space my bars up so feels awkward to use the drops. I pretty much only use the hoods on my kilo right now.

I also have some pretty standard ergo drops, without the weird bend, on my bianchi. I dont use them as much as I should either, cuz that bike fits me so terribly; it’s longer than my kilo with too long of a stem and also very large handlebars

And last, but not least, i have the FSA omega compacts on my redline and i LOVE them. They are perfect for people with a sort of short reach like me. My arms, in proportion to my legs, are short, and a little rise on the stem and the compact bars compensate for this perfectly. Love these bars so much; i use the drops and the hoods both equally around down, can ride comfortably long distances just in the drops.

currently my favorite ergo bar i’ve ridden.
Super comfy.

thats an ergo bar? looks classic to me…

shrug

they arent really out of control wonky ergo, but they definitely arent traditional bend.

[quote=frankstoneline]

they arent really out of control wonky ergo, but they definitely arent traditional bend.[/quote]

You, sir are confused. That’s a “compact” bend popularized by FSA, now copied by 3T and others. Generally, it’s a short reach, shallow drop bar with a completely round bend in the hooks and usually a bit of flare. I have some of those and I fucking love them. They are the most awesome bars ever. Better than noodles, even. Some people call it a traditional bend because of the round hooks, but obv. they’re wrong.

Fuck ergo. They suck, no wrist clearance and no good positions on the hooks. The only people that like ergos are people that never ride in the drops or weirdos. If it’s a modern bike, go for FSA compacts or Oval Concepts classic bend. If it’s a retro-like bike with a quill stem, go for noodles or B115s.

anyone have experience with the deda 215 shallows?
i’m looking for a traditional shallow bend, these are 2cm shallower than most nittos that i have seen, they look perfect for what i want when i switch my frame out.

I dunno - I ride these on my cross bike, find them quite comfortable, and I’m in the drops pretty much any time I’m going downhill.

They do flare out a bit in the drops, so that may contribute to the comfort.

[quote=halbritt][quote=frankstoneline]

they arent really out of control wonky ergo, but they definitely arent traditional bend.[/quote]

You, sir are confused. That’s a “compact” bend popularized by FSA, now copied by 3T and others. Generally, it’s a short reach, shallow drop bar with a completely round bend in the hooks and usually a bit of flare. I have some of those and I fucking love them. They are the most awesome bars ever. Better than noodles, even. Some people call it a traditional bend because of the round hooks, but obv. they’re wrong.

Fuck ergo. They suck, no wrist clearance and no good positions on the hooks. The only people that like ergos are people that never ride in the drops or weirdos. If it’s a modern bike, go for FSA compacts or Oval Concepts classic bend. If it’s a retro-like bike with a quill stem, go for noodles or B115s.[/quote]

Ah, I guess I am confused. I do indeed love those bars though. SO nice.

[quote=lot_22]anyone have experience with the deda 215 shallows?
i’m looking for a traditional shallow bend, these are 2cm shallower than most nittos that i have seen, they look perfect for what i want when i switch my frame out.
[/quote]
215 are just the 26.0 clamp version of the deda newtons, which i ride in the shallow (italian) bend, fuggin love em.

I dunno - I ride these on my cross bike, find them quite comfortable, and I’m in the drops pretty much any time I’m going downhill.

They do flare out a bit in the drops, so that may contribute to the comfort.[/quote]

dammit.

Weirdo.