girl wants a bike

so the other day the girl mentions she wants to get a bicycle
i dunno though i may get her a walmart special just to see if she actually uses it much at all then if all goes well might upgrade her. have to admit it would be nice to have someone to ride with since i just moved here and dont know anyone

Don’t do it. She’ll never touch it.

Rent one for a week. If by the end of hte week, she’s in love with it, buy one.

Whatever you do, don’t get a Madison like thehappyrobot.

yeah, you get a shitty bike hten riding is less enjoyable. she rides shitty bike she decides she don’t like riding…

Yea I built up a bike for my girlfriend. Bought her this old decent centurion off ebay. Probably have about 10-15 hours in fixing it up.

I think she’s ridden it twice. Maybe three times. AND now she wants to just store it at my apartment.

6 months ago, I sold my nice wheels to build my fiancee a bike.
i built it up nicely.
she’s ridden it 3 times.

I have two bikes in room that were bought by two female friends. One was purchased six months ago, cost $400, ridden twice for a total of 20 minutes and has been hanging in my room since then. The other has been riden a handful of times but until the other day, has not been ridden in months and months.

Girls don’t dig bikes.

The whole bitches love tarck thing is a starting to sound like a god damned lie.

No, lameass girls don’t dig bikes.
I know plenty of girls who ride bikes all the time.
Sounds like you fellas are just hanging out with the wrong kind of ladies.

my girlfriend bought a redline 925. she might ride it more than i think, but maybe only once or twice a week. it lives at my apartment, and she mostly just rides it around the neighborhood to meet up with friends or whatever. we ride together when theres actually some leisure time. shes not even that bad with it but she still scares the shit out of me because i think she doesn’t pay enough attention to whats around her. at least it gets some use even if its super local.

well i dont exspect her to become like car lite at all i just dont want it to become an ornament and never move at all.

oh and i dont know if theres a place to rent bikes around here.

building her a bike, and buying her a bike are deferent. SO build her a bike and split the cost. But first find out what she wants and likes. You have to build it so she likes it or thinks it is cool/ or cute (whatever) Really take the time to figure out what will make her happy, color, gearing, bars, saddle etc. I built this one for me fiancé. I took the time to make so it will be fun for her to ride, not what I think would be cool, and she loves it! OH yeah spent less than $300 (including the lock) on it using mostly used parts

Now that’s not true and you know that.

I can’t wait to go ride bikes with my girlfriend in 2 weeks! Yay!

I think the important thing here is to make sure they’ll use it before you invest alot of time and effort into something she/he won’t appreciate and won’t use.

Now that’s not true and you know that.

I can’t wait to go ride bikes with my girlfriend in 2 weeks! Yay![/quote]
I know, I know. I’m just bitter.

My girlfriend wanted a bike so she split buying a Pista with her parents for her birthday, all school year we rode like 3 times a week weather permitting.
I think it depends on the girl.

thanks rusty.

sorry man.
I’m just bustin balls.

i was skeptic of the madison at first too.
then i rode it.
seems to be about the best bang for the buck out there.

just my 2 pennies.

[quote=“thehappyrobot”]i was skeptic of the madison at first too.
then i rode it.
seems to be about the best bang for the buck out there.

just my 2 pennies.[/quote]
and it’s purty