Goggles.

who uses 'em? with glasses? recommendations?

for cold weather? just get some skiing/snowboatding ones.

i need to remember to buy some for when i am cutting onions

If you want to use goggles with glasses they need to be OTG (over the glasses) and they’ll typically say that on the packaging.

I use my old Oakley O-frames. For $60 you get a nice comfy fitting goggle. It fits with most ski helmets (which I wear to commute in the winter up here) you also need to make sure the goggles (tho MOST are) helmet compatible with YOUR helmet. Bring it to the shop when ur trying and buying.

The O-frames also have interchangeable lenses so I can put my clear lens in at night etc.

Speaking as someone who has done the ski shop/bike shop thing for about 5-6 years, these are a great value for what they are. (If they fit you properly)

I got some Electric MX goggles a few years ago for the clear lens, been treating me well and they were like 60 bucks. Mostly get used for snowboarding though.

[youtube]juFZh92MUOY[/youtube]

^ lulz

how cold are you riding in that necessitates hampsten-climbing-the-gavia goggles?

me? i don’t know what the winter will be like, but i’m going back to work downtown, and i’m sure i’ll have my fair share of sub-0 days. probably lots in the teens. enough cold and wind to warrant them.

The goggles and ski helmet combo are so much better than specs and a bike helmet.

Then again… I’d wager I could likely go toe to toe with anyone on here for temps.

If it’s below 50F I can’t see a goddamn thing while descending with regular glasses because my eyes are watering from the cold.

Goggles in winter= win. I look like a scuba diver from now till spring

+1

I break out the ski goggles earlier than most. Same with ski gloves. I’m a freeze baby.

tried the bern x earflap liner x merino balaclava x ski goggle collabo, and felt like i had a space helmet on. i was toasty and insulated but had significantly reduced peripheral awareness. wouldn’t recommend it.

a friend of mine rides with some that look like skydiving goggles, with an articulated bridge, separate eyepieces, and wide elastic strap. i’ll ask him what they are.

Marshalls/TJ Maxx has decent goggles for pretty cheap i.e. Smith, Scott, Bolle, etc. I got a clear lens pair for night and an orange lens pair for day. $12 each, and I’ve seen the same ones in ski shops for ~$35.

[quote=chase]tried the bern x earflap liner x merino balaclava x ski goggle collabo, and felt like i had a space helmet on. i was toasty and insulated but had significantly reduced peripheral awareness. wouldn’t recommend it.

a friend of mine rides with some that look like skydiving goggles, with an articulated bridge, separate eyepieces, and wide elastic strap. I’ll ask him what they are.[/quote]

Probably not the same as what your friend has, but I heard that motocross goggles are better than ski goggles for the peripheral awareness. They’re a bit harder to find though.

Also, +1 on goggles from TJ Maxx / Marshall’s. I got a pair of the yellows–yellow tint seems to do fine for me both during the day and night.

eat bread while cutting onions.

eat bread while cutting onions.[/quote]

Or just don’t lean over while ur cutting the onions.