Gravity stands

Does anyone use a gravity wall stand for their bikes?

I want to reduce floor and have 4 / 5 bikes in the apartment at any given time.

How does this one look:

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/13685- ... 0%20DELMA4

Or

http://aebike.com/page.cfm?action=detai ... SKU=DS3313

Or

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/60 ... v_XSG10001

I’d probably end up buying one to start then a second one later.

apartment?

we sell the first one. i can get you one 30% off.

I have the first one. I picked it up off CL (they come off semi-often here). It works pretty well.

goddamnit see i thought you were m4bandit. for some reason, everyone in this thread has his avatar.

so i can’t help you. but the one from target looks neat.

For the price I would worry it would be rather flimsy. Ever have it and your bikes fall on you?

No problems so far. It also comes with a little safety chain that attached to the wall if you want.

saw that one at target tonite. it’s so ugly i passed on it.

I built a DIY one a few weeks ago (posted link I think) thet work great, and they are only $15 bucks

I bought that rack from my work. It’s ugly as fuck, but it holds 2 bikes and it only cost me like 30 bucks. Works for me.

Friend of mine has the first one. It’s decent, and I’ll probably be getting one myself.

I bought that rack from my work. It’s ugly as fuck, but it holds 2 bikes and it only cost me like 30 bucks. Works for me.[/quote]

$30 is damn good for any stand.

Unfortunately its 60 at target right now. I might just get the pricepoint one. I just bought a new mechanic stand so not this month in the budget though…

I have a bunch of bike hanger things that screw into the wall. they were 5 bux each from home depot. go there. There’s no reason to spend 50bux on a bike rack!!!

Edit: Like this!

This type of old wooden gravity stand can be placed in the middle of a room with additional arms on both sides. You just have to align them to fit 4 bikes, 2 on each side (unless you have high ceilings and 3 may fit)

Found mine on Craigslist for $40.

[quote=“Rusty Piton”]I have a bunch of bike hanger things that screw into the wall. they were 5 bux each from home depot. go there. There’s no reason to spend 50bux on a bike rack!!!

Edit: Like this!
[/quote]

I was using one of those and the rubber coating on the hooks split into pieces and fell apart in just a few weeks. Maybe I was hanging up my bike too aggressively or something.

You may want to get a hook with track geometry, if you’re such an aggressive hanger.

I have the first one and paid more for it than its listed up there. Regardless is was a gift and Im pretty happy with it. One of the rubber sheaths on the hook is splitting which is hardly a big deal. I have yet to install the wall chain/hook deal and havent had any problems. I think its worth the money. My Mom has the last one listed and its pretty nice but takes up more floor real estate.

As long as it has enough clearance, so I can grab onto it and do some hookspinnz.

maybe you want this?