Hand Signals

what did he have for sale? looks whatever it was he pulled it down.

broakland streetfighter for more than i paid for my lynskey x sram red x hed collabo.

things like $50 used chain, $100 used thomson, $150 used bb (don’t know who makes it), et fuckin c

lulzy

haha[/quote]
generally speaking, there’s nothing wrong with this, and there is nothing wrong with wanting a bike from a small builder for aesthetic purposes. let’s face it–and it’s been said time and time again–there are standard sizes for a reason, and if you’re not a professional or oddly shaped, you might as well save some cash and get a standard size.

[quote=chevy42083][quote=imoscardotcom]

edit- why do people install front brake levers on the right? will never understand.[/quote]

for me, a combination of 2 things…
My BMX has one brake… on the right. So accustomed to it.
When setting up my fixed, short head tube, and a brake which has cable input on left, it made for less kink in cable.[/quote]
i wish i could get right-sided or whatever calipers. i install on right to 1.) free up my left hand for signaling and 2.) better control my bike when i’m riding with boxes/bins on my bars (my right hand is my dominant hand i.e. when i’m riding with only one hand, that’s the hand i use).

aww i missed the op

guys for future reference can we please quote the op for posterity

ok thanks

It was kinda cute:
“I love this bike and don’t want to gush too much about it lest I seem like a money-grubber, but I rode it like 5 times and my parents spent 1500 on the frame or whatever so I want at least 2 grand for the whole thing”

this still available!? i will take. paypal ready. ship to canada?

PM’d

TC: i dislike it when people on bikes signal with only their left hand.

left turns stick left hand out, right turns stick right hand out. the bent elbow is only needed in cars coz you can’t stick your right hand out through the right window

bent right elbow for left turns cuz cars can see your left side better

nah, it’s because when you’re on a motorcycle and you let go with your right hand the fucker stops going forward.

Can someone please PM me and tell me who in the hell I’m supposed to send my Paypal money to? I need a new used $100 Thompsen seatpost.

I put my money on more drivers understanding that I’m simply pointing to wherever the fuck I’m going than drivers who actually know what the taught hand signals are.

Signals? What the fuck.

the internet, where any discussion can devolve into inane arguments, anytime.

ftfy

i use large and overt hand signals when I ride. I think it pisses people off.

when i used to use the right turn signal, upturned left hand, most assholes thought i was waving on them. this was on my motorbike that had hard to see front turn signals. on my velocipede i point through, that seems to be the universal way in the city to make your intentions clear.

I do the point. My wife does the traditional signals. Pretty silly when we ride together.

i signal if i need to get in a lane within a short distance and have made all the non-hand signal signs of moving toward that lane and checking the lane and all that stuff and yet there’s a car that isn’t backing off and letting me in. in that case i signal and make a face that says “i’m getting in your lane, fucker, and you’d better let me in”. works every time.