Handelbras

I want some new handelbras for my road and cross biek. I don’t really race road, only CX and MTB so I want something nice and wide (44cm)

Last bar I tried that I liked, and what I use on the velodrome, is an FSA Compact cos I have a weird ostrich body and it makes normal bikes fit me better. Plus, I had a similar colnago rip off bar on my cross bike, but the “42” is actually like a fucking 38 when I measured it.

so…

What other bars out there are going to be similar to the FSA Compact bars. I know sprostollini likes his compact bars, too.
Things I want: I want a flat top->Hoods transition.
easy to reach brakes from drops, and the ability to set the drops pretty parallel to the ground and have all this work. For the cx bike I like the bars tilted up a bit so I can grab the hoods like horns and bunnyhop crap.

bam!

easton ec90 slx3?

ergonova: bad: notice how the drop is not parallel to the ground when the bar-hood is parallel.

ergosum: also bad. I think 3t just hates me even though their stuff is sexy and everyone here carries mostly their stuff. notice how fucking LONGCAT the tops are. I need LESS reach. All bikes have too long top tubes for me as it is. I need like a 56-58 seat tube and a 54 TT I end up riding a 56 out of compromise so I don’t need a fredly riser stem. also i like the drops to come back a little bit more so I can shift my weight back and forth over tight stuff.

any other bars I can try? Everyone likes these FSA bras so it’s hard to get a set on ebay without getting in a bidding war and overpaying.

Does 3t actually make anything comparable? I like to ride CX almost entirely in the drops for more control.
oh, and post pics.

LBSbro has some FSA K-Force carbon compacts (I think take offs). Tell me your budget and when I go in there tomorrow I can get width and see what he wants for them.

for the crabon ones?
well, I get 20% off w/ my road team, and cost + 10 with my MTB team although I don’t think we deal with FSA.

I’m looking for some 44cm and hell I’d spend around 100 for the crabon ones. I loved my cx bike ones enough that I ended up riding the cx bike for training all the time.

I just put FSA Wing Pros on my cross bike. So far I’m liking them. There’s a nice little “pocket” for your palm when you’re on the hoods, and I like the fatter wing shape of the tops coz big hands. The hooks also have a nice shape.

I think the one drawback to the FSA shape is lever placement. There’s pretty much one way to do it that doesn’t look dumb/feel bad.

I have FSA Omega Compact drops on my road bike.

Cheap and work for fine for me.

I’ve been using the FSA wing compact bars on the cross bike for a while now and I’m a big fan. The flat top is nice, the drop/reach/bend work for me, and they are relatively cheap.

PRO.

yeah, pro vibe 7s would fit the bill, as would the ritchey wcs curve/evocurve.

but if you’re looking for something like the fsa bars, why not just stick with them?

[quote=Bamfs01]I have FSA Omega Compact drops on my road bike.

Cheap and work for fine for me.[/quote]

[quote=imoscardotcom][quote=Bamfs01]I have FSA Omega Compact drops on my road bike.

Cheap and work for fine for me.[/quote][/quote]

i just got some Deda RHM01 compacts. shape looks nice.
i’ll have to see how they work with the shifters but they do have a shorter reach than fsa compacts.
they dirt cheap on ribble.
comes in a “aero” top version too (RHM 02).

sweet tats bro

These are clearly tilted up.

Also, the Salsa Cowbells scrub posted in the badass parts thread would be worth a look. Basically a compact with a longer flat section in the drops than the FSAs with the same flare as the old Bell Lap.

[quote=fezdango]i just got some Deda RHM01 compacts. shape looks nice.
i’ll have to see how they work with the shifters but they do have a shorter reach than fsa compacts.

[/quote]
you got campy right? my girls bike has fsa and the levers fit a little wonky, i got the zero100’s which are pretty much the same as those and the levers fit perfect. they’re nice.

[quote=tarckeemoon][quote=CheshireCat]
ergonova: bad: notice how the drop is not parallel to the ground when the bar-hood is parallel.

[/quote]

These are clearly tilted up.

Also, the Salsa Cowbells scrub posted in the badass parts thread would be worth a look. Basically a compact with a longer flat section in the drops than the FSAs with the same flare as the old Bell Lap.[/quote]

Those are my sweet tats and I assure you those bars are tilted up as is my preference. Ergonova and Ergosum bars can both be set up just fine with the drops parallel with the ground to get a flat transition.

Whoa whoa whoa those Salsa Cowbells. Awesome.

FInally a wide-ass modern bar with that flare and no ergo drop.

[quote=mr. trout][quote=fezdango]i just got some Deda RHM01 compacts. shape looks nice.

[/quote]
you got campy right? my girls bike has fsa and the levers fit a little wonky, i got the zero100’s which are pretty much the same as those and the levers fit perfect. they’re nice.[/quote]
yep crampy, good to hear, i is very stoked now