Handlebar bag?

[quote=surfcat]

RE-ENACT THIS[/quote]

DICKIW (mulletting here tho)

You guys and yer fancy bags.

Mulleting and rack, but hey theres a front bag in the pic.

The CBC bag is pretty cool.

Arkel is unavailable here, so I ended up buying one of these:

Vaude traveller box. KlickFix mount, pretty nice good-sized map holder, it looks pretty solid overall. It has some pretty beefy Al stiffeners that go around the back and the sides. The KlickFix mount works with cyclocross inline levers perfectly fine.

Teehee, teeheehehee

Ruthworks? If you’re going to have historical reenactment luggage, he’s about the best you can find.

On the right bike, I could get down with the saddlebag, but what the hell is that other thing?

front boxy bag
nice work eric
cant wait to see the whole thing

Saddle and front bar bag. Yup, Ruthworks. Working with Ely on a suite- should be pretty killer when it’s said and done. The whole bike should be nice in a semi-understated sort of way. I should note the Ely is a joy to work with.

Leather bits remind me too much of elbow patches, but construction looks top notch. Looks appropriately stiff too…she said…and my Acorn’s main design weakness atmo is its thin, overly flexible fabric. Doesn’t really hold its shape without the plastic insert.

[quote=wintrotta]front boxy bag
[/quote]
I’d be down with it if it was boxy, but it looks like a briefcase from where I’m sitting. I wouldn’t want to put a briefcase on by bars, but to each their own.

Boxy-briefs:

Going on this:

Those two are surely not the same bag?
Likin’ the big box.

I’m pretty stoked about the construction of the Vaude:

The screws go through to the Klickfix adapter.

A little bit of ABS or Kydex and some rivets can really help stiffen a floppy bag.

Or a rack that’s wide enough to support the entire bag, instead of just balancing the thing on a teeny little rando rack. These days I’m riding with one of my reject bags (which is floppier than hell on a tlrr) and it’s as stable as any of the other bags I’ve used, even though I just plunk it down on the rack and don’t bother with a decaleur anymore.

Singing to the choir here.

Stiffening is generally something rackless set ups could benefit from. If you are crossing out of bag “support” and into “rack” territory, it might as well add some structure.

i wish there was a more elegant way to mount a bag without using one of those u-shaped decaleurs or plastic kickflix bit.

i’ve been burning my brain but it’s just not coming up.

i should stick to chair drawings