help doug buy some goddang frame cuttin toolz

QBP distributes bycycle research correct?

can you get me an estimate for their frame cutting tools as a set?

thanks

Price you see in shop or online / 2 (+/- a few %)

+10%

I can look this up, but youll hve to wait a couple hours because the shop is logged on and i don’t wanna kick them off.

edit: oops i posted as brent. but i think he would have said a similar thing, so no one would have known…

doesn’t look like qbp has most stuff made by BRT - didnt see much by them browsing the tool section

The only Bicycle Research tools QBP has listed is two spoke nipple drivers and a crank arm thread chaser.

Well sheeit. Thanks for lookin y’all

I read this as QBP dictatorship.

needs photoshop of Idi Amin in Carytown kit

so who here collects qbp trading cards?

i have one, it’s my most prized possession.

needs photoshop of Idi Amin in Carytown kit[/quote]

Too far. Haha

whats the scoop in cyclus tools? the stuff looks good.

anyone know of a US distributor aside from UBI?

also WTF why do none of the tool mfg’s sell a “kit” anymore?

everyone seems to sell peice by peice.

[quote=white folks]whats the scoop in cyclus tools? the stuff looks good.

anyone know of a US distributor aside from UBI?

also WTF why do none of the tool mfg’s sell a “kit” anymore?

everyone seems to sell peice by peice.[/quote]
Park sells a lot of kits. Someday, I will own a master mechanic set for my own home. Then I will spend my golden years chasing and facing bottom brackets and headtubes, tapping threads and reprogramming electronic shifters.

The only tool kit on qbp that has those tools is in has EVERYTHING and retails for like 4k. Park Tool MK-195

The only problem with that kit is so much of the kit is worthless. I wouldn’t end up using a lot of stuff even if I started with zero tools. I mean there are 4 chain tools in it, multiple models of tire levers, a stool, apron, and three hex wrench mutli sets. The Park open end wrenches are crap as well. I would buy a Craftsman set instead. No one in a shop environment is going to grab a multi tool to work on a bike. Even if you have a few tools one of the smaller sets (PK-63) plus adding truing stand, facing, chasing tools, and some non-bike tools would be best IMHO.

I have amassed a collection of tools that I have everything except for the facing and chasing tools. But, if I need to use them I have the key to the bike shop I work at so I can use them when ever I want to. Eventually I do plan to buy the facing and chasing tools. Working at a shop that has been around for 30+ years and that have a VAR BB Tap set with English, French, and Italian taps plus a crown race cutter with multiple dies for various sizes has been great.

God, I want a master mechanic tool kit so bad. I would use everything. Even the apron and the stool.

So as far as i can tell Var is no longer in business. Campy dont make tools anymore, bicycle research requires you to send the whole tool for sharpening, park sells overpriced junk and cyclus only sells through Ubi.

I faced the head tube on my carbon bike with a park head tube cutting tool yesterday.