Help me with my new build.

SO!
I’m starting my new job this weekend, and will soon have a chunk of cash, and I’m thinking about rebuilding the BK, so here it is, help me pick out shit.
I was thinking getting it powdercoated, so I need to figure out a color, I like the brown sort of but I think something else would look mad slick, maybe a maroonish red?
As for build, I’m torn, all italian, or japanese?
My first intuition is to go japanese, just cause its easier, basically DA track cranks, hubs, seatpost etc. Not putting nittos on it, cause it isnt a dedicated track bike and i like the feel of shallower drops.
What REALLY intrigues me though is going full european, and so i’m looking for options, my hope is that this year I will make it over to marymore for some track classes and maybe some beginner races, so I’m looking for a mostly track bike (I think I’ll keep my current wheels and a set of risers just for those days though)
Budget isnt a huge deal, but I’m really looking for quality over bling.
I was thinking:
Miche cranks/chainring
campy/miche seatpost
older cinelly non ergo road drops
a stem dunno what yet
maybe some miche hubs
and some lower spoke count wheels

I’ll keep my concor light cause i love it, and i’ll leave the GR-9’s on till I get around to getting some looks and shoes.

ideas? questions? comments?

Miche Primato, all the way. Then you could correct everyone with how to pronounce it.

edit:

how DO you pronounce it?

Mee-kay. Think Bianchi

mee kay

edit: too slow, and +1 for Miche. Love Miche. If I had to build a bike from scratch that would be a great groupset to use.

anybody have a source for that group as a whole/a price.
And any rim suggestions for a decent track wheel?

isnt miche 135 bcd? f that

their newer cranks are 144, but i don’t know if they’re included in the group or not.

I used to have this concern, but I mean, look at that group, it’s gorgeous.
plus, it’s not like Miche chainrings are shite, or hard to find, or like i buy a whole hell of a lot of chainrings. In fact I think I would have about as much selection as i have now for 1/8" with a 130 BCD crankset.

I’d just get a dedicated bar/stem setup and dedicated wheels for the track and call it good.

what about their BBs being weird?

aside from that, i too would totally run that group.

Thats basically what I’m doing, but my bottom bracket is due for a replacement, and by the time i part out the bits of my ride buying a group will be about the same as just paying for new hubs/bars/stem, so I might as well get bangin shit right?
I’m not rebuilding to be track specific, I’m rebuilding cause it’s due I think, I just happen to want to get into track racing.

nope. 107mm ISO taper. pretty standard stuff.

i mean the stories of it loosening

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1522&p=48020

[quote=“room203”]i mean the stories of it loosening

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1522&p=48020[/quote]

hence why my miche bb is sitting in my parts bin…

I don’t understand why you are going with Miche if budget isn’t a matter/quality over bling. Why not Campy? Don’t get me wrong, Miche is quality, but not on a level like Dura Ace/Campy.

budget isnt a huge deal, but what advantages will i find in running a campy group? Look at costs for campy track stuff, 350 for cranks?

OK now you throw in another variable…advantage…from that standpoint I don’t see any advantage. But you were “intrigued” to go Euro vs. Japanese.
I guess the Campy quality intrigued me over Miche when I was comparing them :colbert:

[quote=“koteigear”]OK now you throw in another variable…advantage…from that standpoint I don’t see any advantage. But you were “intrigued” to go Euro vs. Japanese.
I guess the Campy quality intrigued me over Miche when I was comparing them :colbert:[/quote]

fair enough.
I’m not set on a complete group, thats why I asked for opinions.
Ideas on it being advantageous to go for maybe Miche cranks, campy bottom bracket, seatpost, cinelly bars, etc?
I just wanted ideas, not necessarily all one make.

What about a mavic ellipse on the rear with a kyserium on the front and a stronglight track crank just for something a little different with 3ttt bars and stem.