"Hey man. What kind of bike is that?"

Without looking at it I think my frame only mentions Rivendell Bicycle Work in tiny lettering on the headtube. It does say Legolas in fairly large lettering along the downtube but most people I run into aren’t able to identify my bike from that.

When I got ticketed for riding without a helmet in Seattle the cop wrote down the brand of my bike as Legolas. I didn’t bother to correct him.

You should’ve taken an arrow from yer quiver and shot his ticketbook to pieces, then galloped/pedaled away.

He wasn’t that bad. He even told me about being able to get the ticket dropped if I contest it in court (which I did). But when I was waiting at the light to finish my ride to work another cop showed up (they were both motorcycle cops) and was a complete dick.

Cop: Hey, where’s your helmet?
Me: Oh, that cop already talked to me about it. He wrote me a ticket.
Cop: So why are you on your bike?
Me: Um, what? I have to get to work.
Cop: Walk.
Me: Walk? It’s ten miles. You want me to walk my bike ten miles?
Cop: Uh, yeah. Walk.

I walked till I was out of view. I think even he knew it was bullshit but he wasn’t about to lose face with me.

That would’ve been the time for an expertly aimed arrow through his rear tire. Next time.

The police clearly do not have enough to do in Bozeman.

It was in Seattle, but yes the police here in Bozeman are very bored.

we once counted a specialized sworks in the shop one day and there was over 40 decals on that bike 70% being specialized or sworks

when i got my old specialized bmx bike it had to have 15+

It was in Seattle, but yes the police here in Bozeman are very bored.[/quote]

There are helmet laws in Seattle?

0 logos on the frame but i have IRO hubs. i think the brooks, hubs, and tires are the only logos on the whole bike

Seattle is routinely accused of being a nanny-state. No helmet = $120 ticket.

Way too many on the Gazelle. At least ten.

I’m glad that Bob Jackson is willing to leave their name off the bike entirely, save for the crest. I wish they still offered the old font instead of the italic excrement that they apply to their bikes now. Seriously, how does gaudy design constantly win over tasteful things?

This. Although mine has a non-original fork so it only has ~25.

It’s for sale btw.

Cannondale: 3, including head tube logo
KHS: 10, full name, logo, head tube, etc.

pista: ~50, but they’re all mine. or kowloon’s. covered up all the original decals with a bunch of stickers.

merlin: 0, just nice clean titanium.
nishiki: 5, but only 3 are visible.
benotto: 5 ‘benotto’ and 2 ‘modelo 3000’

My Cross Check has the stock stickers (2 ea. fork, 2 ea. downtube, 2 ea. toptube, 2 ea. chainstays, 1 fatass gold sticker on the seattube) plus the Surly logos on front and rear hub and chainring. Then the Brooks saddle, Kalloy seatpost, Salsa bars, Tektro brake levers, Avid v-brakes, Dimension cranks, Chris King headset, etc etc (mix n’ match of cheap and expensive shit FTL… I’m a tool).

It’s a rolling advertisement but I get props from bikies at shops or on the street, and “Oh lookout here comes Mr. Surly” from coworkers who think I must have some deep-seated personality issues for riding an all black bike that says “Surly” on it. Maybe they are right? LOL

mine has a head badge but that’s it. it’s also 20/30 years old

not mine, but a competitor-

I bet I would really hate those handlebars.

My Fuji has like 9, plus a website address on one side of the chainstay, and “Simply Better” on the other. :colbert: