HEY TZUSING. SICK COLLAB.

all that, and still riding on a pair of SUPER SPACE AGE h+ son rims.

[quote=dougtruck]my (very) short list of things that dont need fixing
(in general, these things seem to work pretty good in all conditions)

vagina
modern bicycle design
pepperoni pizza[/quote]

My guess is, you don’t have a vagina (OK, I don’t either, but I hear things…).
I’ll go along with the other stuff, tho.

For a small group of students with probably very little to no practical experience in bicycle design and construction, I think it’s pretty cool. Besides, it’s just supposed to be a display of engineering design and skill, not a production piece. I wish my senior mechanical engineering project could be that cool.

Looks like they’re using a 3spd fixed hub, with a BB transmission that allows you to switch between fixed and free modes. That’s actually pretty cool, just seems like a normal belt or chain drive with a chain case (or not) would be a better idea.

If this was an ID student project I would be all over them like stink on shit. “It’s all integrated! Why? Because integration!” Bullshit justifications for design decisions are bullshit.

[quote=b-roll][quote=dougtruck]my (very) short list of things that dont need fixing

vagina
modern bicycle design
pepperoni pizza[/quote]

I’ll go along with the other stuff, tho.[/quote]

From what I can tell, operations and maintenance is a big hassle, but from the perspective of the occasional user, it works phenomenally well. I’ve had a lot of fun with them and I was also amazed by watching my daughter pop out of one. That’s a lot to ask of any one thing.

[quote=halbritt][quote=b-roll][quote=dougtruck]my (very) short list of things that dont need fixing

vagina
modern bicycle design
pepperoni pizza[/quote]

I’ll go along with the other stuff, tho.[/quote]

From what I can tell, operations and maintenance is a big hassle, but from the perspective of the occasional user, it works phenomenally well. I’ve had a lot of fun with them and I was also amazed by watching my daughter pop out of one. That’s a lot to ask of any one thing.[/quote]

lollin

bwaha

as an ID student, i completely agree. too often i see bike related stuff from classmates that just leaves me thinking :dramacloud:

An apt design critique. Nicely done.

But, but…their creativity! And not letting themselves get constrained by your conservative, outmoded thinking!

conservative maybe, outmoded no.
design has rules.

[quote=spacehippo]all that, and still riding on a pair of SUPER SPACE AGE h+ son rims.
[/quote]
you are the worst

anyone notice that dude in the taco rim picture is wearing shoes that are like two sizes too big?

hahaha, wtf

[quote=turpencat]conservative maybe, outmoded no.
design has rules.[/quote]

You fell into my sarchasm.