Holy shit/Bike Shop lulz

which one?

nah, the fucking lbs measured the seattube inside diameter AND THE ACTUAL SEATPOST and still told me 27.4 (instead of the actual size, 27.2). fucking morans

[quote=redyourmod][quote=-s]first lbs told me i need to buy a compact crankset from them in order to be able to shift.

is it true that you have to use a compact crankset to run 10s ultegra?[/quote]

wat[/quote]

it’s unbelievable how little sol has learned about bikes.

sposedta be bike shop lulz, not bike shop facepalms itt

[quote=jamey][quote=redyourmod][quote=-s]first lbs told me i need to buy a compact crankset from them in order to be able to shift.

is it true that you have to use a compact crankset to run 10s ultegra?[/quote]

wat[/quote]

it’s unbelievable how little sol has learned about bikes.[/quote]
so the lbs is right? must use compact crankset to be able to run 10s ultegra?

Bicycle trannies - how do they work?

dyin

next shop story:
the shop i used to work at is located on a corner. to the left across the street there is a bunch of welfare housing and across the street there is this murder mart. one day we were all chillin working on bikes when we heard this weird knocking sound. we thought it was just some neighborhood kids messing around and bangin on the windows/walls so we all went our onto the floor to take a look. as i walked out i looked through the window and saw a dude running towards the murder mart shooting blindly behind him at another kid that was running along the side of our building. i immediately hit the deck and there were at least 10 shots fired. when i came back up i saw this old ass lady chillin face first on the sidewalk behind a car with her wheelchair still in the street. i thought for sure she had been hit but when we checked up on her we found out that she had dove for cover as well. when we got everything figured out, i decided to go around and look for holes in the building seeing as multiple shots were fired. i found one bullet hole in the door jam probably an inch and a half from the window. i went back inside and dug that sucker out with a knife and still have it. it was a pretty decent size caliber as well.
when the cops showed up so did this dude that we knew that lived in the building. since the cops wouldnt let him in he kicked it in the shop. he is this old ass black dude with a fucked up eye that works in a paint factory and has for years. he is super screwed in the head from fumes too. anyway, while were chillin he walks up to me and whispers, “you know what to do when the cops come in here right? you tell em you didnt see anything. lord knows they just tryna keep us down. yep, no one saw anything”

im seriously sarcastic tho.

murder mart?

corner store/asain mart

I dont get your portland slang.

what bike shop is this? i can’t remember where the murder mart is, but i definitely remember hearing that term to refer to one specific corner store. it’s the one on 10th and alberta iirc, but the rest of your story doesn’t match up with that on.

naw the kc mart on killingsworth and vancouver.
cascade cycling.

corner bodega?

Turps internet expressions are the fucking greatest itt.

sol… no. bike shop dewds were not right and thats hella expensive for all that shit.

[quote=yung jeezy]naw the kc mart on killingsworth and vancouver.
cascade cycling.[/quote]

oh, THAT place? ha ha, is the owner still a crazy old dude? i remember stopping in there and all the bikes were, like…recumbents and shit like that, or…i don’t think it was belt drive, i think it was the rod style, like on cars and such, and he was telling me it was the “wave of the future”. i sorted of nodded until he finally shut up for a second and said “cool, see ya”, and left.

that shop?

I have until just recently worked in a bike shop for the last 2.5+ years, but for the life of me can’t remember any really good stories.

The only thing I think of is the idiots that I had to often deal with. So many that some of them didn’t even have the brain power to use the pump we had at the front of the store.

Or the guy coming in every other week with a flat tire claiming we didn’t fix it correctly, and even time it was a pinch flat. What do you mean I can’t drop curbs on my road bike?

And, more than a few bikes that I don’t know how they were still able to propel the rider forward. The worst I can remember was a POS department store MTN bike with a broken rear axle, blown out bottom bracket (metal shards were the bearings use to be), hole in the side wall of the rear tire (still holding air), and completely rusted chain, brake and shift cables.

the real kicker is that the answer aught to be ‘well, of course you can drop curbs on your road bike.’

yeah, i was gonna say…