homemade chain tensioners?

i’ve heard of some people making them out of shit they buy at ace hardware or home depot.

the mks ones are essentially some screw with an eyelet and a bolt.

anyone successfully make a diy chain tensioner?

you can get cheapo ones for like $3 a pair

yes but you order those and shipping is like 7 bucks and they come in a week later

my cheapo bulletproof ones cost 16 and i lost one of them

i wish we had a shop that had cheapo chain tensioners

there aren’t any shops in Houston that deal with BMX bikes or singlespeeds or anything?

3 dolla bmx tensioner

[quote=“tx_what_it_do”]yes but you order those and shipping is like 7 bucks and they come in a week later

my cheapo bulletproof ones cost 16 and i lost one of them

i wish we had a shop that had cheapo chain tensioners[/quote]

shop should be able to get them for you

Lots of choices in BMX tensioners. Kinda want a set!

any shop can order you a set if they dont have them on the shelf.

you will still wait just like if you ordered from some online place, but you dont have to pay for shipping. win.

[quote=“FACE”]any shop can order you a set if they dont have them on the shelf.

you will still wait just like if you ordered from some online place, but you dont have to pay for shipping. win.[/quote]

But you still pay the retail markup, which very often is roughly the same amount as what shipping would be. I’ve yet to see a retail store that can match online prices before shipping.

agreed

i work at a shop that has some. we have the odyssey ones and they’re like 16 each. the cheapest ones are 16 a set and those are the bulletproof ones. i can order whatever i want.

this isn’t about ordering, it’s about if anyone ever made a diy chain tensioner.

[quote=“SuperVillain”][quote=“FACE”]any shop can order you a set if they dont have them on the shelf.

you will still wait just like if you ordered from some online place, but you dont have to pay for shipping. win.[/quote]

But you still pay the retail markup, which very often is roughly the same amount as what shipping would be. I’ve yet to see a retail store that can match online prices before shipping.[/quote]

will still be cheaper what you would pay after shipping for such a small part.

your looking at about $5/pair. maybe less if you have tits. that’s about what shipping alone would be if you order a set from a website.

Get fucked new guy. Fall down ass first and land on an upright corncob.

[quote=“FACE”][quote=“SuperVillain”][quote=“FACE”]any shop can order you a set if they dont have them on the shelf.

But you still pay the retail markup, which very often is roughly the same amount as what shipping would be. I’ve yet to see a retail store that can match online prices before shipping.[/quote]

will still be cheaper what you would pay after shipping for such a small part.

your looking at about $5/pair. maybe less if you have tits. that’s about what shipping alone would be if you order a set from a website.[/quote]

I’m sure there are good deals to be had, and you might know a shop that doesn’t have a high markup like most others. My point was that there’s still a trade-off in what you’re paying for.

But yea, I’d also like to see a good DIY tensioner if there is one.