Hosted my second "Alleycat"!

Me and one of my teammates hosted one last spring (I started a thread asking for sweet ideas, but it’s lost in tarck now)… and it was a great success (for ND) We had something like 8 riders and had like maybe 10 total waypoints with half of them manned.

Anyways, me and said teammate hosted another one this last week and it was an even more gooder success.

We had 27 all unmanned waypoints and had a little over 30 riders. One (who ghosts here) rolled hard for tandem crue.

Object was bike poker. We put out a clue worthy manifest:

Then at each waypoint there were further clues and 2 random cards (from a deck of playing cards) team who got back with the best hand within 2 hours won.

We had a phantom finish as well… so they didn’t know where the finish was, they had to go back to the start and then decipher the clue to get to the finish.

It was exicting.

AYHSMB.

Looks flat.

I miss racing alleycats. Now I’m too old and cautious to do the stupid shit I did 6 years ago to win. My favorite were point to point races where everyone was on the same path, or at least going to the same place. Nothing like getting with people who you trust and drafting down city streets.

I race every chance I get, which turns out to be once or twice a month in the summer, love that shit. It’s a close knit group in Toronto as well, usually only about 10-15 people race and maybe 30 for a really huge one. Threw my first race last year and had free beer and barbecue at the finish for everyone. My sponsor actually approached me about doing a repeat and they offered the same thing as last year (a venue at a brewery for the finish, all we can drink beer, free barbecued meat).

1. Rich I didn’t know you were in Toronto… Ima be back in NYS (Buffalo/Rochester) in January.
  2. It is flat, it’s North Dakota. The highest point of elevation in the Red River Valley is the overpass over the railroad tracks. I’m not joking.

[quote=EivlEvo]1. Rich I didn’t know you were in Toronto… Ima be back in NYS (Buffalo/Rochester) in January.
[/quote]

Shame they got rid of the Fast Ferry between ROC and Toronto.

One of my staff is starting at your school this semester but I could hardly say this guy I kinda know from the internet does that flying stuff there.

checks 9 to 10 looks like a good drag

[quote=scrub][quote=EivlEvo]1. Rich I didn’t know you were in Toronto… Ima be back in NYS (Buffalo/Rochester) in January.
[/quote]

Shame they got rid of the Fast Ferry between ROC and Toronto.

One of my staff is starting at your school this semester but I could hardly say this guy I kinda know from the internet does that flying stuff there.[/quote]

lol I hear that! I’m done in december anyways…