Hotter'N Hell 100 - 2009

but camping is fun

big thanks for that tip though. we’ll see…

now i have the village people song in my head.

camping is fun unless:
-you have a 115degree 100mile bike ride in the morning
-you have to wash your balls and ass in a river before said bike ride
-it’s 100degrees in the tent at 1am
-you have to sleep with a bike in the tent

[quote=thehappyrobot]camping is fun unless:
-you have a 115degree 100mile bike ride in the morning
-you have to wash your balls and ass in a river before said bike ride
-it’s 100degrees in the tent at 1am
-you have to sleep with a bike in the tent[/quote]

Some real wisdom right there. The last century I did wasn’t that hot, but I slept in a nice bed, had a nice shower, and had someone prepare my breakfast for me. That said, I’m a little bit older than Adam.

Damn.
I really want to do this but I’m definitely not camping.
Doubt anyone will be able to find a hotel room this late.
http://wichitafalls.craigslist.org/roo/1256168999.html
anyone down?

i’m down!!

[quote=Gear Monger]Damn.
I really want to do this but I’m definitely not camping.
Doubt anyone will be able to find a hotel room this late.
http://wichitafalls.craigslist.org/roo/1256168999.html
anyone down?[/quote]

sounds interesting. did you contact them? happyrobots suggestion also sounds good.

Have not contacted them yet.
Wanted to wait and see how many people would be down.
The YMCA thing sounds good if we can get in there early enough.
So who is going and what day do you plan on arriving?

Um hey… . its this saturday.

As it stands I’m driving up there by myself and riding by myself unless I can hook up with a fast group or maybe some other fixed riders.

I’m getting in my car right after critical mass and driving the 2.5 hours up there and just seeing what happens. maaaaybe ill stumble upon some place to sleep that isnt my car. who knows.

will be in tarck jersey.

I’ll be there too. Look for the black STi wagon with the tarckbike sticker on the back.

I think I’ll be riding my specialized tarmac, but you’re welcome to come draft us. I tried taking my fixed gear on a long ride, but it’s a flatbar bar cruiser setup so it hurts my wrists a lot to be out like that. I have some bars, but no wrap.

Man, I was completely planning on taking my drop bar Pista up there, but damn Bianchi still has my stupid cracked frame. Y’all have fun up there.

Have fun. I’ll be in Carrollton for a wedding.

Carrolton sucks. Sorry man. When are you leaving the Dallas area?

not a bad ride at all once I got past the cluster of noobs who wouldn’t let us pass. I was weaving like a civic driver on cut springs and farty muffler. First and hopefully last time I have to yell “on your right” on a fitness oriented ride.

if you didn’t enjoy that, you’ll hate the riding portion of ragbrai

Yeah, pretty much just going to do road racing then. If people are going to complain if you pass them, and yet block you from passing I’d rather it be in a race where I can feel justified in taunting their audacity at challenging me with reminding them of their somewhat inferior skill.

lol, well put.

What I hate worse than “on your right”, is yelling “up the middle”. I’m a little more brave when I get frustrated on charity rides… but I won’t sit behind someone for miles.