How much are these worth?

Black 32h Veeps
Surly hubs
DT spokes
16t DA cog
Hand built by my LBS, very true, no scratches/damage

My friend is selling them and I’d like to have an idea of what to offer.

$150

trade him for an old peugeot frame that would make a good conversion but dont tell him the bb shell has french threads or that its too small for him.

-j

How many miles?

The hubs alone are worth about $100.

What sort of DT spokes? That can be worth anywhere from $40 to $80 for a wheelset.

If low mileage, I’d go as high as $200.

Chris

[quote=“allencb”]How many miles?

The hubs alone are worth about $100.

What sort of DT spokes? That can be worth anywhere from $40 to $80 for a wheelset.

If low mileage, I’d go as high as $200.

Chris[/quote]

Pretty low mileage. I’m not sure on the spokes. I think they’re DT 2.0.

[quote=“Teh Muffmuff”]trade him for an old peugeot frame that would make a good conversion but dont tell him the bb shell has french threads or that its too small for him.

-j[/quote]

I don’t know if I could get that over on him. Ha.

I’d offer $150 but be willing to go as high as $200 if he balks. You’re looking at roughly $200 in parts before wheel building labor is factored.

Chris

I paid 180 shipped for my current wheelset, surly fix/fix in the back to a deep v, formula to a fusion int he front with DT 2.0’s. Granted I bought the 2 wheels separately and they have certainly seen some riding. I’d say between 150 and 200 for a lightly used set as you described, especially if you are his bud.

why are you all signing your posts?
Are you trying to sound serious?

Me

[quote=“carail”]why are you all signing your posts?
Me[/quote]

This really bothers you folks? I sign my posts out of habit and I’m not interested in changing. Deal with it or ban me.

It’s a pretty stupid thing to be worried with. Maybe you should go back to arguing about deep V colors or the right wheel for barspins.

Chris

I decided against them anyway. All black wheels don’t look all that hot on my tarck machine.

[quote=“allencb”][quote=“carail”]why are you all signing your posts?
Me[/quote]

This really bothers you folks? I sign my posts out of habit and I’m not interested in changing. Deal with it or ban me.

It’s a pretty stupid thing to be worried with. Maybe you should go back to arguing about deep V colors or the right wheel for barspinz.

Chris[/quote]

calm down little fella

when i wrote “why are you all” it wasent meant only for you
i saw a chris, david and a -j in this thread
i was just wondering if this was some kind of new trend for internet forums

by your reaction/insults i guess someone has already asked you about this

P.S. You, sir, are an asshole

My apologies. I missed the others signing their posts. Yes, I got an earful in another thread for the very same thing.

Yes, I am an asshole, you’re not the first one to tell me. :stuck_out_tongue:

Chris

User Control Panel > Edit Signature > Save your Keyboard / Fingers

Just sayin’