Hydration packs.

FTFE[/quote]
How have I never thought of this?! Fucking life changer right there.

Duh, that’s the best part about them. Well, easy access to water and stuff is pretty cool, too.

FTFE[/quote]
Christ on cracker.

I guess I need to buy a widemouth bladder then.

FTFE[/quote]

good fucking god!!!1!1!!!
I’ve had a (possibly source don’t hate me… too much) bladder which has a rolltop allowing full access to the interior for ages.
when its notwinter again here in the southern hemisphere i will definitely use it in this manner

FTFE[/quote]

This changes everything.

You guys are fuckin morons
You could fill it with ice and put at least 2 minican BLLs in there instead of a tall can of garbage pail swill

platypus bladder has a seem down the middle, which makes it awesome for staying slim and not sloshing, but bad for tallboy fit possibly.

-edit- actually you can prolly fit a tallboy on either side in the 3L bladder i have.

I’m not a bladder user, but I do use the water filter inlet bag for that purpose as the camp dorm fridge when there isn’t a river/creek eddy near enough

The Fridge by joeball, on Flickr

FTFE[/quote]

This changes everything.[/quote]
Holy shit, I don’t even drink coz sxe-crü but imma do this for n.a beer/fancy sodas all summer.

FTFE[/quote]

This changes everything.[/quote]
Holy shit, I don’t even drink coz sxe-crü but imma do this for n.a beer/fancy sodas all summer.[/quote]

This. Although kinda worried that the soda might assplode.

oh man there are so many delicious post ride treat drinks that work perfectly fine as far as making my face full of smiles.

bros, hydration packs are over, all about fanny packs now.

I guess your back would get less sweaty. but it looks not very comfortable otherwise

[quote=Todd]bros, hydration packs are over, all about fanny packs now.

[/quote]

#chaospouch I hope enduro continues to pull from crust punk fashion and that the next big thing is but flaps and pit bulls

[quote=JUGE FREDD]I’m not a bladder user, but I do use the water filter inlet bag for that purpose as the camp dorm fridge when there isn’t a river/creek eddy near enough

The Fridge by joeball, on Flickr[/quote]

And here I go drinking warm beer in the woods

re: fanny packs, I wore them for bike rides back in 2007-2008 but abandoned them because they were stupid. does this mean I’m cooler than radish?

[quote=emor]And here I go drinking warm beer in the woods
[/quote]
For one-nighters I’m into insulated lunchbox + those little cold/freezer packs. It weighs a fuckton but having 9 cold beers when you get to camp is pretty sweet…

This is slightly not answering the original question, but the REI Flash 18 is amazing. Can often be found on sale for $30 or less. Somehow this little cheap lightweight pack carries extremely well for me, it really does fit the best out of any backpack of any size that I own. Stays put while MTBiking, hiking, etc. It’s small and light and easy to toss in for car camping or backpacking trips with a base camp or bike camping where you want to have some reserve capacity or plan on doing some walking.

Gotta add your own hydration bladder, though.

Thanks for all the posts y’all. Going to look into Osprey stuff. The Mission Workshop ones look interesting as well, but of course $$.

I’ve meant to buy one of these for so long. I think this is going to be the cheapest option for me right now since I already have a Platypus bladder.