Hydraulic Disc Brakes

Where? Sounds like a steal for a set. Could use on the Chumba if I ever get the funds to build it.

da 'bay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390269276534&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

would it be completely wonky to have a hydro front disc w/ v brake in the rear? want to get a disc front fork for the hybridcross(masi cross)

If you need the stopping power, do it.

[quote=bradencbc]Fuck Avid.

They break…all the time.

I love me some Sram but Avid stuff accounts for 100% of the brakes we have warrantied this year and the number we have sent back is higher that I want to admit.[/quote]

We did more than a dozen, and yes, until yesterday, it was 100% of all the brakes we warrantied. Yesterday, some shitty ProMax calipers weren’t rebounding, breaking our perfect Avid streak.

IMO, there’s no reason to get XT over SLX. While there’s a real performance difference between XTR and XT, the same gulf doesn’t exist between SLX and XT, and the differences are minor enough not to justify the price increase.

XTR though, goddamn. We just built up a new XTR Lynksey and it is the fucking heat. XTR’s new cylinder is the perfection of the performance and design of a hydraulic disc, and is the standard that all decent manufacturers will spend the next ten years trying to live up to.

On an unrelated note, it’s easy to see how such a simply design could be fit into an STI lever, and especially DI2. I predict that we’ll see DI2 disc-equipped cross bikes with a prototype XTR cylinder in the lever by next cross season.