I get dropped by old dudes wearing hi-vis vests and campy dayglo bodysuits

Translation: settlement

Yeah, sounds like settlement and, I presume, living in the care of her parents, which seems totally normal following a TBI.

Pls do tell. I have a feeling one of my freehubs is about to grenade itself. Not super psyched about it.[/quote]

Opened it up today… Fulcrum Racing Sport uses a complete garbage Shimano/Formula style freehub rather than the cheap/heavy yet serviceable one on most of the after market Fulcrum wheels with steel axles.

Bonus: Q is out of stock

Actual bright side: wheels going in garbage. Getting Bitex hubs laced to DT Rr411 and tubeless tires from Outpost

Next Outpost 200k is next Friday night. Come eat pizza and ride 8 hours in the dark?

that’s a happy ending, I guess. Why ride a a Synapse with 25mm tubed clinchers anyways? It sounds as if they can get up to a 32, which would probably make that bike feel pretty awesome.

The nocturnal 200k sounds rad, but I’ve got my kid that night. I’m up for the West Point 200k in October, though. It’s good riding around here, and I liked the vibe of the last ride- spirited, but not aggressive.

I might do this one at some point, too: https://rusa.org/cgi-bin/permview_GF.pl?permid=3250

Lots of cap trail and small towns east of RVA.

I rode my first 200k today. The first 50 miles of this were in the worst headwind I’ve ever experienced in my life, I’m not even kidding, I was with cat3 racers mashing downhill going 8mph in some sections. It was unbelievable. I came in at under 12 hours, which was 3 hours longer than I wanted (we stopped a lot of times, had a sit down lunch, etc.)

I ate more food than I ever do in a single day and also lost 8lbs. I don’t know how you guys do 600+k rides.

Good job
Weird time to start your first rando adventures but next year is a training year for Pbp so ??
Do a couple spring/Summer rides and you’ll get the desire to do those longer events
Keep it up

I’ve had an 11hr 200. It was sucky.

[quote=NOVELTYNAME]Good job
Weird time to start your first rando adventures but next year is a training year for Pbp so ??

[/quote]

Thanks! The official event was this spring, but the first date got snowed out, second date I was busy, and it took this long to get everyone’s schedules lined up properly. I left when it was dark out, and I got home after the sun went down.

Besides the wind factor, it wasn’t sucky at all. I got to ride with some good riders who are playful yet also serious. FUCK that headwind, though.

I rode a 5:30 100k last year that was my most difficult day on the bike all year. It was nearly freezing, rained, and there was a headwind the whole time. I wanted to quit. Headwind is the worst.

I did a 10 hour 200 last weekend! It was not sucky at all. There were tons of mups and gravel paths, so the going was slow but very social. Due in part to the very complex route but also just for the fuck of it, the organizers encouraged riders to stay in one of two groups, audax style. that worked out really well. It felt like the first half of the mellowest fleche ever. Now that that ride is in the can, I’m super for this year. : )

Similar adverse conditions / slow time nearly ruined me on randonneuring altogether. I realized later in life that rando routes are fixed, but group rides can decide to go a different direction to avoid the wind, or strategically ride home with a tailwind.

One of those “seriously, fuck this ride” events happens almost every year and I’m reminded that this is supposed to be fun and the shitty situation makes me thankful for all the awesome rides

I’m organizing a 100k Saturday in nw oregon if u nerds want to come by

Looks like I’m doing the Fleche next year.

That’s planning ahead

I’ve decided that for the most part I don’t want to deal with RUSA crap, but there’s at least 1 200k that’s unsanctioned next year that I plan on doing, and some of my friends are very stoked on the idea of doing some 100-150k routes as quasi-organized rides a-la permanent. We’re gonna be randonotteurs.

Interested in PBP? Do a series and a 1000/1200 if you can next year. The higher distance event, the earlier registration time. This is important for selecting your start time.

It’s
Not
Randonneuring
Unless
It’s
Sanctioned

[quote=NOVELTYNAME]It’s
Not
Randonneuring
Unless
It’s
Sanctioned[/quote]

I’m fine with that, don’t need no governing body to ride bikes with friends.

I’m only the second person on the team so we still need to find some other riders.

It also gives me a chance to get gear overthinking out of the way and concentrate on actually riding.